Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017
Old 08-09-2016, 09:03 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi Q5 or Q7 Lighting Guides
Print Wikipost

Q5 Daytime Running Lights Problems

Old 03-09-2010, 05:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q5 Daytime Running Lights Problems

Took delivery of my Q5 last August. Within two weeks, my driver side DRL went out. No easy fix...although the subject of a technical bulletin, the replacement had to be ordered from Germany. A few months later, the passenger side DRL needed replacing. Just this morning, the dash warning light came on indicating the driver side DRL had gone out. I know these units are more complicated than plain bulbs, but come on already. Has anyone else has similar problems? The thought I might have some electrical ground fault somewhere gives me shivers.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by js from nc
Took delivery of my Q5 last August. Within two weeks, my driver side DRL went out. No easy fix...although the subject of a technical bulletin, the replacement had to be ordered from Germany. A few months later, the passenger side DRL needed replacing. Just this morning, the dash warning light came on indicating the driver side DRL had gone out. I know these units are more complicated than plain bulbs, but come on already. Has anyone else has similar problems? The thought I might have some electrical ground fault somewhere gives me shivers.
This is a known issue on the early build Q5, the DRL controllers were bad, search for other threads here regarding this topic.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I see this has been a subject before. Not encouraging. Thanks
Old 03-09-2010, 03:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Its the Control modules related to specific production units, later production (IE cars arriving after mid September 09) have replacent type solving problem. It is a simple replacement unit but not a stock item. Reading your OP it is quite possible your first replacement was made with the older unit. If so it begs the question why did they not replace both second time around.
Old 03-14-2010, 05:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Passenger Side Went Out

Originally Posted by Jusforfun
Its the Control modules related to specific production units, later production (IE cars arriving after mid September 09) have replacent type solving problem. It is a simple replacement unit but not a stock item. Reading your OP it is quite possible your first replacement was made with the older unit. If so it begs the question why did they not replace both second time around.
Took delivery of my 2010 model in Dec 09.
Present mileage:5700km (3560 miles)
Right Side (Passenger side) DRL went out on mine this afternoon
after a nice wash. Hmm..
Will call local dealer in the morning to see if they'll be able to take mine in - will follow-up on the forum.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:54 AM
DrV
AudiWorld Senior Member

My left DRL whent out while Audi service was repairing my convenience entry! A new unit is on order. I've had to make a lot of trips to the service department lately The only benefit is the opportunity to drive a loaner A4 and not feel overly sorry for it!
Old 03-24-2010, 08:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DRL Issue

Originally Posted by DrV
My left DRL whent out while Audi service was repairing my convenience entry! A new unit is on order. I've had to make a lot of trips to the service department lately The only benefit is the opportunity to drive a loaner A4 and not feel overly sorry for it!
Dealer here has modules in stock and replaced BOTH L & R sides for me within a day. As well as a set of wiper blades as they were streaking from the day I took delivery. Was never too pleased with the Q5 wipers,esp the passenger side.
In any case, am happy with the dealer service.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ben_aip
Dealer here has modules in stock and replaced BOTH L & R sides for me within a day. As well as a set of wiper blades as they were streaking from the day I took delivery. Was never too pleased with the Q5 wipers,esp the passenger side.
In any case, am happy with the dealer service.
Driver side went out approximately 2-3 weeks ago, called dealer and was in shop within 3 days. They had modules in stock and replaced both for me as well.

Great dealer and service, including complimentary breakfast (bagel, Nova lox, cream cheese, capers and fresh squeezed...Yum) Not to mention A8 loaner for the day.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Q5 Daytime Running Lights

Does any body know the cost on the
Q5 Daytime Running Lights ?

BCD-1
Old 03-28-2010, 08:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

my right side drl went out this weekend and left is flickering on and off. got my 2010 at the end of september and I have 4000 miles.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Q5 Daytime Running Lights Problems