Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

2008 Audi Q7 3.6 Tail light swap to Spyder review

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 10:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Audi Q7 3.6 Tail light swap to Spyder review

First of all I would like to say that this is my first post and have owned the Q7 for just about a month now. When I got the car I did not like the fact at all that my tail lights had normal bulbs in them and no led's so I researched online to find the best way to switch to led's and ended up going with the Spyder tail lights (link here:
Amazon Amazon
). the installation was quite easy it was just hard to get to the tail lights as you had to disassemble the whole back of the trunk lid but the new lights were plug and play so all I had to do was plug them in, test them and close the car back up. The lights come with resistors pre-installed so you never get a warning about busted light from the car computer. In final I just wanted to recommend these as they look amazing and were pretty cheap to ship to Canada plus they look AMAZING and give the car a unique look
Attached Images    
Old 10-09-2012, 07:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default They look good

Originally Posted by ahelal38
First of all I would like to say that this is my first post and have owned the Q7 for just about a month now. When I got the car I did not like the fact at all that my tail lights had normal bulbs in them and no led's so I researched online to find the best way to switch to led's and ended up going with the Spyder tail lights (link here: http://www.amazon.com/Spyder-Audi-07...tail+lights+q7). the installation was quite easy it was just hard to get to the tail lights as you had to disassemble the whole back of the trunk lid but the new lights were plug and play so all I had to do was plug them in, test them and close the car back up. The lights come with resistors pre-installed so you never get a warning about busted light from the car computer. In final I just wanted to recommend these as they look amazing and were pretty cheap to ship to Canada plus they look AMAZING and give the car a unique look

Somebody posted the link to amazon few months ago, but nobody knew if resistor were included. Good to know, thank you for the pics and info.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default if anybody needs help pm me

I have done the installation myself took me 15 minutes
Old 10-10-2012, 04:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Pretty slick. I actually like the red version better as it looks more OEM:
Amazon Amazon
Old 10-10-2012, 08:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

red ones are beautiful but as my car is metallic grey and my bottom light strips are tinted out and the front headlights are tinted and all led and i also have led strips where the blinkers are i just though that these would go very well with the car but the red ones are really nice and to be honest i recommend any tail lights offered by spyder as they are very well built and are plug and play
Old 10-12-2012, 12:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

have you got any pics of the front of your car, what do you mean by LED strip? are they the OEM ones? or LED's you have fitted.

cheers steve
Old 10-12-2012, 09:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

They e after market ones i bought at wall mart. you cant really see them in this picture cause its day time but you can clearly see when they are (over the blinkers btw) i just wired them to the parking lights and took that bulb out just to have the led look
Attached Images  
Old 10-13-2012, 12:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I see cheers for that. I have just fitted LED's replacements to the side lights, the ones you have disconnected. they look spot on to the dipped beam. I have changed all the internal lights, puddle and number plate lights to LED's. looks very nice now. I have just got the DRL bulbs to swap when I get a spear min or two
Old 10-15-2012, 05:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by stevebeechTA
I see cheers for that. I have just fitted LED's replacements to the side lights, the ones you have disconnected. they look spot on to the dipped beam. I have changed all the internal lights, puddle and number plate lights to LED's. looks very nice now. I have just got the DRL bulbs to swap when I get a spear min or two
Which lights are you referring to as the "side lights"? Just curious.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

he means the lights on the side of the front blinkers that are orange and it is on when you switch on the headlight (the parking lights)

Quick Reply: 2008 Audi Q7 3.6 Tail light swap to Spyder review