Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

2013 Q7 Running Boards

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 06:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those boards look great, thanks for sharing. I'm considering trading in my '08 for a '11 Q7 and I always wanted the tow hitch and boards. Glad to see I can have both.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Those running boards look great! I'm also eyeing a Romik black powder coat running board for my '14 Q7 but the fitment notes point out that it doesn't fit S Line models. Does anyone know why that is?
Old 11-11-2013, 07:10 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by rikitiki
Those running boards look great! I'm also eyeing a Romik black powder coat running board for my '14 Q7 but the fitment notes point out that it doesn't fit S Line models. Does anyone know why that is?
Can you take a picture of underneath? I don't have S-line, but I am curious why S-line is different for many things? For example, I have installed splash guards. They don't fit S-line either.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by treasureking
Can you take a picture of underneath? I don't have S-line, but I am curious why S-line is different for many things? For example, I have installed splash guards. They don't fit S-line either.
Will do, treasureking, once I get back home this weekend. It's a prestige model, so I wonder if that makes any difference? I'll post the pics once I get the chance.
Old 11-15-2013, 07:33 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Added 2" extender

I think the running boards themselves are too much under the car. I can barely put my feet on it. Ordered the 2" extender and installed them. The process should be easy but something happened. One new bolt was messed up with the nut. I guess the nylon thread got damaged somehow in the middle. I had no choice but to cut the bolt off. Man! It took me quite a while. The bolt was so tough, hard steel. Anyway, I fixed it. Here is the picture. You may notice it sticks out a little bit, but it actually feels much better.
Attached Images  
Old 10-13-2015, 07:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by treasureking
I think the running boards themselves are too much under the car. I can barely put my feet on it. Ordered the 2" extender and installed them. The process should be easy but something happened. One new bolt was messed up with the nut. I guess the nylon thread got damaged somehow in the middle. I had no choice but to cut the bolt off. Man! It took me quite a while. The bolt was so tough, hard steel. Anyway, I fixed it. Here is the picture. You may notice it sticks out a little bit, but it actually feels much better.
The look great! I just got a 2015 premium plus Q7 with Factory Toe Hitch. It seems that Romik doesn't use the some of same mounting points that are used by Tow Hitch already based on your pictures. Can you confirm? Also do you mind sharing where you got your running boards? and the 2" extension? I have a pilot with running boards and my kids are so used to them and now even though Q7 is much lower, it still is a chore to just get into and off the car for the kids. Thanks in advance!
Old 10-13-2015, 01:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 75 Likes on 67 Posts

I am so confused as to why side mounted running boards would in any way interfere with the factory tow package (or an aftermarket receiver for that matter). Does anyone have the factory running boards that could take a few pictures?
Old 10-14-2015, 11:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

4L0092101C is oem tow hitch parts number
4L0017065, 4L0017066 are oem right and left running boards parts numbers
There is no way they use same points to bolt on the frame if you look at the pictures of them.
You can easily find pictures and installation manuals from google.

Mine has factory fitted tow hitch, and I installed oem knock off running boards from eBay, they even comes with oem running boards install instructions, by myself.
You will need to replace your jack with scissor type jack to lift the Q though.
Old 10-17-2015, 08:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

Hang tight on your running boards. I'm fabricating something that you all may want.
Old 10-20-2015, 01:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
Hang tight on your running boards. I'm fabricating something that you all may want.
Interesting. Keep us posted. I currently have the Romik Max Bars side steps. Got them from 4wo|click here for nerf bars. The quality and construction of these steps are good, though they don't stick out much.

Quick Reply: 2013 Q7 Running Boards