Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Advice on Q7

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2017, 09:19 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice on Q7

Hello everyone…

I am looking at a 2012 to 2014 Audi Q7 no specific model but i like the S Line. I have heard both good and bad about Audi so I wanted to ask owners what they think! Have you had problems with engine repair? Does the "Check Engine:" light come on often? Any information you can provide would be truly appreciated.

Mark
Old 12-10-2017, 01:58 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To be honest, people who have absolutely no problems with their Q7 (me being one of them) don't post how good the cars are. Only those who have had a glitch will go online and have a moan. Get a warranty (my AA one costs me £400 a year but covers absolutely everything (except pads and bulbs). If anything does go wrong, it will be expensive.
Old 12-10-2017, 12:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts
Default I have a 2012 prestige s line

It has been FLAWLESS and has over 100k on it. The only warranty issue was for the foil peeling off the start button! I drive aggressively, maintain my car to a high level (5000 oil synthetic, All fluids change every 2 years inc. trans etc etc) It costs money to have a top notch car but if you spend it you should have no issues EXCEPT how was the car treated before you go it? Service records are key to getting any good used car so shop wisely. I have done the typical replacements brake pads, rotors at 75K but otherwise I have not had to spend anything on replacement parts. I plan on keeping mine for the foreseeable future unless AUDI gets a clue ans makes the NEW SQ7 available in America, in which case I will buy one!

(Audi if you are listening please bring the SQ7 Diesel to America!!! Make it a limited edition of say 2000, call it the PIKES PEAK since that was the name on the original concept car, and make sure to call me as I have cash in hand for one!)
Old 12-10-2017, 03:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by flynavy
It has been FLAWLESS and has over 100k on it. The only warranty issue was for the foil peeling off the start button! I drive aggressively, maintain my car to a high level (5000 oil synthetic, All fluids change every 2 years inc. trans etc etc) It costs money to have a top notch car but if you spend it you should have no issues EXCEPT how was the car treated before you go it? Service records are key to getting any good used car so shop wisely. I have done the typical replacements brake pads, rotors at 75K but otherwise I have not had to spend anything on replacement parts. I plan on keeping mine for the foreseeable future unless AUDI gets a clue ans makes the NEW SQ7 available in America, in which case I will buy one!

(Audi if you are listening please bring the SQ7 Diesel to America!!! Make it a limited edition of say 2000, call it the PIKES PEAK since that was the name on the original concept car, and make sure to call me as I have cash in hand for one!)
How about a SQ7 with the TTV8 from the S6/S7? That's probably more doable in today's anti-diesel sentiment at the EPA.

Grey
Old 12-11-2017, 10:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts
Default heh...

Originally Posted by Greystoke
How about a SQ7 with the TTV8 from the S6/S7? That's probably more doable in today's anti-diesel sentiment at the EPA.

Grey
if it has the same performance figures I might consider it, and the active suspension and night vision is very appealing but I don't think you could match the diesel torque. VW recently announced that they were completely ditching the diesel (I haven't corroborated this potential fake news yet) so yeah I think the SQ7 diesel will join the V12 in the dinosaur pit......