Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Add third row seat?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 10:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Add third row seat?

Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to add a third row to a two-row Q7 configuration? I know that third row is a factory option, but was wondering if it is possible to mod the 5 seater into 7 seats.

Thanks,
Alex.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default My experience was surprising. 4 pics inside of mounting and single tray

My first Q7 came in 5 seat format due to mix up in factory. I asked them to send seats + stuff for retro fit. EU regulations and Audi work practice prevented it. I was told floor not braced for mountings. Pillars and floor not equippped for belts. Also different carpet, tray, cover, tray mounts and maybe vents ducts etc (cant remeember too much on that bit). They actually replaced the whole car instead!

That said, as far as I can see the whole row 3 seems to be mounted on a Bar that bolts in place which surprised me.
Name:  Bar.jpg
Views: 5665
Size:  103.5 KB
Name:  boltdownL.jpg
Views: 3837
Size:  104.0 KB
Name:  boltdownR.jpg
Views: 4726
Size:  116.0 KB
Name:  singletray.jpg
Views: 3743
Size:  75.9 KB
Pics at album http://s231.photobucket.com/albums/e...n/Car%20stuff/
Old 08-19-2016, 01:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Iam actually in the process of installing the 3rd row on my q7 right now. So far the hardest part was removing the tray that sits where the seats go. The seats bolted right in, the front two holes that go all the way through the body were covered with a piece of tape.i haven't got the seat belts in yet but but I did check and all of the mounting holes/nuts are there so they should just bolt right in. The only issues at the moment is the center buckle/ receiver. There are no holes in that location and I'm not sure of how/where that is supposed to mount . If anyone has a picture of how that is installed it would be very helpful , thanks
Old 08-19-2016, 01:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts
Default I'm confused...

Originally Posted by alexpav
Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to add a third row to a two-row Q7 configuration? I know that third row is a factory option, but was wondering if it is possible to mod the 5 seater into 7 seats.

Thanks,
Alex.
my 2012 and I assumed ALL q7s are 3 row, mine certainly is although I have the limo (2 individual rear seats with console) that makes mine a six seat. I have never used the folding 3rd row seats and have never even opened them to see what it looks like.
The following users liked this post:
Edzzed (05-26-2021)
Old 08-19-2016, 02:11 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

after 2010 all NAR Q7 were 3rd row equpiped. pre-face lift there was 5,6 and 7 seat options. (6 seats with the luxury captain's chair set up being the most rare combo.)

Old 08-19-2016, 08:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by iconoclast
after 2010 all NAR Q7 were 3rd row equpiped. pre-face lift there was 5,6 and 7 seat options. (6 seats with the luxury captain's chair set up being the most rare combo.)
That's a sexy back seat!

Grey
Old 08-20-2016, 10:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts
Default You learn something new every day

I assumed all Q7s had three rows and it was built that way from the get go. Mine has the 2 rear seats (2nd row) and I really like the look and they are really comfortable. The center console in mine has a fridge in it to keep your champagne cool I guess, and I have never even seen the 3rd row seats up, I assume they are only suitable for short rides or kids! My console has brushed aluminum on it but I like the wood look.

[/QUOTE]
Old 10-01-2016, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by dkiser222
Iam actually in the process of installing the 3rd row on my q7 right now. So far the hardest part was removing the tray that sits where the seats go. The seats bolted right in, the front two holes that go all the way through the body were covered with a piece of tape.i haven't got the seat belts in yet but but I did check and all of the mounting holes/nuts are there so they should just bolt right in. The only issues at the moment is the center buckle/ receiver. There are no holes in that location and I'm not sure of how/where that is supposed to mount . If anyone has a picture of how that is installed it would be very helpful , thanks
I've been wanting to attempt the same thing. Any tips of what to look for before I start? Where did you find your rear seats?
Old 02-03-2017, 09:18 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Audi

Originally Posted by dkiser222
how did you end up? I am is that process, got the seats and the seat belts
Old 02-06-2017, 06:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

It was kind of a pain. I had to cut a slot for the center buckle, drill holes, and bolt it to a steel plate with nuts welded to it. I believe the plate I used was 3"x8" and 1/8" thick. I had to bend it a little to match up with the body/spare tire compartment there is a crossbar right behind it so it difficult to get the plate into place . If I were to do it again I'd drill bigger holes in the plate and mount the nuts inside of the holes for more clearance . I don't believe there is an easy correct way to mount the center belt latch.

Quick Reply: Add third row seat?