Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Audi Customer Relations Department is terrible.

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2017, 04:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Audi Customer Relations Department is terrible.

I called and they told me they would look into a problem I'm having with my q7 TDI Goodwill Package never showing up and then they never call back. I know the program is over but I registered and they never sent it and now say they can't? They made the mistake so why can't they? So, I call them back and they keep apologizing for repeatedly not getting back to me and assure me they will have a supervisor call me back within 2 business days. A supervisor never called back.

Over and over...until I finally insist on holding for a supervisor who tells me there is nothing she can do. When I ask why they never call back, she apologizes. Thanks for NOTHING Audi! Thanks for stringing me along and doing nothing.

I call 1-800-822-2834 which is a call center in Michigan that has absolutely no follow through. They told me to write Scott Keogh an email. I find out from Google that he is the President? I did it and I bet he never responds. Why do they think it is OK to waste people's time? I have a new Audi with a refundable deposit on it I will probably cancel.

Does anybody know a better way to reach somebody that has any follow through?

Last edited by McRockFish; 11-01-2017 at 05:16 AM.
Old 11-01-2017, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by McRockFish
I called and they told me they would look into a problem I'm having with my q7 TDI Goodwill Package never showing up and then they never call back. I know the program is over but I registered and they never sent it and now say they can't? They made the mistake so why can't they? So, I call them back and they keep apologizing for repeatedly not getting back to me and assure me they will have a supervisor call me back within 2 business days. A supervisor never called back.

Over and over...until I finally insist on holding for a supervisor who tells me there is nothing she can do. When I ask why they never call back, she apologizes. Thanks for NOTHING Audi! Thanks for stringing me along and doing nothing.

I call 1-800-822-2834 which is a call center in Michigan that has absolutely no follow through. They told me to write Scott Keogh an email. I find out from Google that he is the President? I did it and I bet he never responds. Why do they think it is OK to waste people's time? I have a new Audi with a refundable deposit on it I will probably cancel.

Does anybody know a better way to reach somebody that has any follow through?
Did you submit for it before the deadline and have proof (screenshots/email) of that submission? Per the program restrictions signup ended July 31st of last year. Why has it taken you a year to follow up on your request for the Goodwill Package?

Audi TDI Goodwill Package

This is done and gone. If you have proof of the submission then I feel for you, but without that you’re SOL.

Grey
Old 11-01-2017, 02:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yes I submitted it on time. No, I don't have a screenshot of it. I never take screenshots. I didn't think I would have to watch my back with Audi so taking a screenshot never crossed my mind.

I thought we were all waiting for this. I was confused and thought we would get this when the settlement settled and we got our money back. This settlement is so confusing and complicated. I didn't even get most of the paperwork you guys got in the mail? I just joined this AudiWorld forum recently so unlike a lot of you guys I wasn't up to date on all this stuff.

Audi just seems to be looking for a way not to pay people. If you owe somebody something pay them!!! I'm not the first person unhappy with Audi on this forum, and won't be the last.

Last edited by McRockFish; 11-01-2017 at 03:02 PM.
Old 11-02-2017, 12:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 566 Likes on 448 Posts

the thing is they don't owe you anything, it was a limited time goodwill gesture that was not court mandated or anything other than a ploy to reduce brand damage and help support dealers (half of it could only be spent w/dealers)..

You missed the boat, sux but your not entitled to anything other than the court settlement.. If you had got your goodwill money it would had expired by now anyhow, thats how late you are.
Old 11-02-2017, 04:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Lets put this in perspective: Audi lied to the government and consumers putting everybody in a bad situation. A bad situation that has dragged on for years leaving many people in limbo.

They offer a "Goodwill Package" that I signed up for. Then they didn't deliver it. So, yes they owed me this, and yes they owed everybody this and more. To not deliver on a Goodwill gesture, and then tell you it's too late doesn't really make any sense and is very bad business.

I have a 2018 q7 with a refundable deposit on it. They know this. Why would I follow through with this purchase? They obviously don't care if I do or not. Wouldn't a well run business make some kind of gesture to make this right? Stupid.

Last edited by McRockFish; 11-02-2017 at 04:25 AM.
Old 11-02-2017, 05:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Unfortunately, venting here wil not provide a solution to your issue. Audi management doesn't participate in these forums so no one else here will be able help.
I've not read where others have had this issue so it's not a recurring problem. There could be several explanations for you not receiving your good will package. Perhaps it was not registered completely and didn't take - did you receive any confirmation of the registration? A missing verifying communication would be a red flag for me. If there was a problem with your registration, Audi would not have any record of your applying for the package and could not be held responsible now that the close date is long past.
Old 11-02-2017, 05:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

I think I already know that I'm not going to get a solution! The company doesn't even return calls. Yes I may be venting a bit but it is also something people should know about their customer service department.

I understand that a lot of you guys are true Audi fans. I really like the cars, but their customer service is often terrible. I'm sure that's been posted on here many many times. I have my own business and if I have a repeat customer I take care of them. A simple compromise or gesture is all it would take to keep a customer like me buying $70K cars! It's a lot easier to keep a customer than get a new one. Audi does nothing and doesn't even return calls to try and figure this out.
Old 11-02-2017, 03:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts
Default could not disagree more....

I have always received prompt courteous help in the transactions I have had with them over many years and many Audis. That is why I have stuck with the brand, QUALITY second to none, Great service, Very helpful in all situations. I suggest that you might not have approached your issue correctly as you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.
Old 11-02-2017, 05:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by flynavy
I have always received prompt courteous help in the transactions I have had with them over many years and many Audis. That is why I have stuck with the brand, QUALITY second to none, Great service, Very helpful in all situations. I suggest that you might not have approached your issue correctly as you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.
+1 Well said.

Grey