Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Help deciphering VAG VCDS report. Fault with adaptive air suspension.

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2016, 11:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help deciphering VAG VCDS report. Fault with adaptive air suspension.

Hi all. So im new to this forum, apologies if ive not posted this in the correct place. I have an AUDI Q7 S LINE TDI QUATTRO A 2008, and have been having intermittent issues with my adaptive air suspension. Initially, the AAS would not respond for a day or so, but then work after a few days. However for around 2 weeks now it wont respond at all. Ive attached the complete VAG VCDS report. If anyone can help me make sense of it i would be hugely grateful, or if not direct me to a place that can.
Thanks in advance
Druff
Attached Files
Old 01-29-2016, 05:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Now you have those faults saved, I would clear the whole lot and see what recurs.
Have you been playing with various things or are all these faults just occurring?

It looks like there are a few 'real' faults and the rest are just related to a low battery or similar?
Old 01-29-2016, 07:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi Edd, I've not been playing with anything no. After searching for similar issues online, i thought the best thing was to get hold of a VCDS report and post it to here. As far as i am concerned the only issue ive been having is the AAS. Although the report looks otherwise. I'll clear the faults and run a new report and post the results. Thanks for your time.
Druff
Old 01-29-2016, 02:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

In my experience, most air suspension faults seem to be simply related to the level sensors so if you clear all the faults then see how the car behaves and post any new faults and we'll have a look.
Old 01-30-2016, 12:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi Edd, so I've run 2 new reports this morning. A new test, then cleared DTCs, and performed another test. I've attached both for comparison. Would you recommend running another test in say 1 week to see what codes reappear? Thanks again for your time.
Druff
Attached Files
File Type: txt
log 1 before clear.txt (23.3 KB, 1037 views)
File Type: txt
after clearing.txt (13.1 KB, 1449 views)
Old 01-30-2016, 06:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I should have also said there has been no change in the suspension. It won't change from dynamic.
Cheers
Old 02-01-2016, 05:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

It looks to me like your compressor may have failed or you do genuinely have an air leak or both, compressor fault due to the leak causing it to run for too long.

I would test the compressor - it's not too bad to remove and power directly from a battery and it should run smoothly with a good air flow. If it rattles around it may just need a new piston ring kit which you can buy on Ebay.

Does the car droop if left for any time at any corner or front to rear. If it does, try leaving it parked in jacking mode - this should close the valve to all corners and should rule out the pressure reservoirs.
Old 02-01-2016, 07:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Is it the compressor next to the spare tyre? I believe there is one in the engine compartment too isn't there?
Old 02-01-2016, 07:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

The compressor is under the car behind the right side front wheel.
Old 02-01-2016, 09:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks Gavin

Quick Reply: Help deciphering VAG VCDS report. Fault with adaptive air suspension.