Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

I think my Bose Amp is fried...

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2017, 01:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default I think my Bose Amp is fried...

I was just driving back from Montréal in the pouring rain when my music started crackling. Then it went a way. 5 minutes later it crackled and the music turned off completely. All other functions of the MMI works fine.. It's just the sound. (It's stuck on mute) I tried resetting the MMI and nothing.. got home and ran a scan and got (control module for digital sound package 00463).. I opened up the spare tire compartment and there is no water. Anywhere else I should check for water? The dealer I bought my Q from 3 years ago said that they replaced all of the sunroof drains.. I'm beginning to think they lied..
Old 05-29-2017, 01:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 381 Likes on 343 Posts

For me, it's sad that VAG is still struggling in such a bad way with these sun roof drains and other fluid leaks. I don't really understand it.

A very fresh thread, same topic: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-...-mode-2921125/

As I mentioned in another thread, we have a close friend with a Tiguan that's been "repaired" 4 times for sunroof/pano leaks. The car is totally mildew-ed inside. She's gonna have to get rid of it. There's no going back.
Old 05-29-2017, 02:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Yep. Just did some more searching in the trunk and I found water. I think this has been going on for some time now.. because my Lane assist stopped working in 2015.. I have had intermittent mmi issues since I bought the car.

Old 05-29-2017, 02:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

How much does anyone think this would cost to repair? Sunroof drains and Bose amp... This seems to be the most common flaw with the Q7.. im surprised Audi never made a recall for this..
Old 05-29-2017, 02:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 381 Likes on 343 Posts

You need to find someone who is willing to attempt a repair.

The Audi dealer handed me a repair proposal for $4,000. I had it repaired for around $900, I think, including the leaky washer fluid line in our Avant.
Old 05-29-2017, 02:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

These guys in NJ will repair your Bose Amp for you. Home - Paulison Corporation | Bose Amplifier Spares & Repairs

No idea about the cost to repair the sunroof drains.
Old 05-29-2017, 02:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I'm beginning to think my Bose amp is still good.. just started the car and let it run for 10 minutes playing music and all is fine.. ran a scan and there were no faults

Do you guys know how I can access the bose amp? I'm gonna try to get the water out of there and wipe it down... And not drive it until I fix the drains.. I have heard the drains are a cheap and easy fix.
Old 05-29-2017, 06:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by D3Audi
I'm beginning to think my Bose amp is still good.. just started the car and let it run for 10 minutes playing music and all is fine.. ran a scan and there were no faults

Do you guys know how I can access the bose amp? I'm gonna try to get the water out of there and wipe it down... And not drive it until I fix the drains.. I have heard the drains are a cheap and easy fix.
Remove the passenger side rear panel. It sits just over the wheel well.

Grey
Old 05-30-2017, 06:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thank you for the video. Great information.. my Q7 has had a battery drain issue since shortly after I bought it. I think this would explain it.. is the bose amp nececary? So everything still works with a fiber optic loop? I might order a loop online and see
Old 05-31-2017, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

you showed water droplets still present in the rear, that pretty much dictates those droplets were still present in the amp. I know its a little late now, but you should have pulled out the amp, opened it and let is dry. leaving it behind some warm air like out the back of a pc, or just using a blow drier. just dont use the ignorant cell phone "water fixes" people do of putting it in rice.... UGH I wish people would stop spreading crap like that!
check out my post where I fixed the drains myself. u definitely need to fix those. luckily my left side was leaking not right! I had over 10 gallons of water in my spare tire area. lotsa car washes... lol

Quick Reply: I think my Bose Amp is fried...