Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Interior Lights on my Audi Q7 not working?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 10:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have any of you changed the bulbs to LED bulbs? If so then the LED resistor my be playing up on one of the bulbs causing the flickering and now died causing them not to come on.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:36 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by stevebeechTA
Have any of you changed the bulbs to LED bulbs? If so then the LED resistor my be playing up on one of the bulbs causing the flickering and now died causing them not to come on.
Negative did not change bulbs to led!
Old 12-04-2012, 12:33 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Any solution?

Hi all....I have a 2007 Q7 and have the same problem as originally mentioned in this thread (interior lights not working, visor lights, etc.) I have tried to locate a bad fuse and tried the master switch in every configuration as possible. Has anyone had any success in diagnosing the root of this problem?
Old 12-05-2012, 10:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just a thought, are any of you near another Q7 owner, It might be worth trying to swap the main light switch cluster over and see if they start working.

My reason for saying this is that everyone that has posted has said that the lights flicker on then off, so there must be power going to the lights, the only common denominator is the center light cluster, there may be a dry joint on the board.

hope this helps
Old 07-25-2013, 06:34 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by DUTCH VanAtlanta
I'm going to bet that your answer is model year dependent.

Hopefully the problem is fixed by now and you didn't have to spend to much money. So is it fixed or not? I have a solution that worked for me and it was just 9.00 dollars...
Old 08-24-2013, 04:53 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I had the exact same problem. sometimes just flickering when opening door then going off completely. About a week ago my wife used the passenger vanity-mirror and the lights went out.
So I started testing this and found out that if light are working and you fold down passenger sunshade the lights will cut out.
If I then fold it up again after a little while it will come back on.
Im taking it to the dealer to fix the problem.
Old 08-24-2013, 04:55 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by joiner70
Hopefully the problem is fixed by now and you didn't have to spend to much money. So is it fixed or not? I have a solution that worked for me and it was just 9.00 dollars...
Out of curiosity, what is your solution?
Old 08-26-2013, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by D-Berg
Out of curiosity, what is your solution?
Well My solution was buying a sunshade for front window, all my other windows are already tinted dark. So by minimizing the oven roasted heat when left in the sun, the added item made it a minor warm heat instead of damn it hot leave the door open to let heat out. This is my solution, I'm not saying it will work for everyone but to avoid an outrageous fee doesnt hurt to try it.
Old 12-27-2016, 04:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So, I am having this issue. My sun roof drain tube started leaking over the weekend. So I dropped the head liner on the passenger side and fixed the leak before it got too bad. I put everything back together, and now none of my interior lights work. I never unhooked one wire, and barely came in contact with any wires. I had to pull down the center controller that houses the lights and switches, but I just let it hang. All the accept lights still work on it. all the controls for the sun roof still work as well. Everything worked just fine before I dropped the headliner. Any idea what I might have done to have knocked out all the lights?
Old 12-28-2016, 06:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anyone?

Quick Reply: Interior Lights on my Audi Q7 not working?