Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Issues with door handle touch sensor, and central locking button

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2019, 05:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Doors lock while washing the car

I thin the car was door lock thing is to be expected since the sensors are proximity sensors and water is a greta carrier of electrons, you will get that.
I have a 2018 Q3 and it happens to me all the time. I just put the keys on the counter in my garage before I wash or just go to a car wash.
Old 01-26-2019, 06:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 251 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by q3newbie
I thin the car was door lock thing is to be expected since the sensors are proximity sensors and water is a greta carrier of electrons, you will get that.
I have a 2018 Q3 and it happens to me all the time. I just put the keys on the counter in my garage before I wash or just go to a car wash.
Yes. That’s it. I do the same. I’ve also developed the habit of placing my palm against the “ button” to lock rather than a finger. Works far better. ( Till I drive the Q7 and have to revert to button pressing)
Old 01-26-2019, 07:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Door locks

Isn't funny that we pay a premium for a supposedly better car and get quirks that we have to compensate for.

My other, more annoying problem is with SIRIUS presets going away when SIRIUS sends down channel changes.
Its been a problem for YEARS and Audi has never addressed it. But, thats a story for another thread.
My 2008 Mercedes never gave me this crap. This is my first and last Audi.
Old 01-26-2019, 08:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 251 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by q3newbie
Isn't funny that we pay a premium for a supposedly better car and get quirks that we have to compensate for.

My other, more annoying problem is with SIRIUS presets going away when SIRIUS sends down channel changes.
Its been a problem for YEARS and Audi has never addressed it. But, thats a story for another thread.
My 2008 Mercedes never gave me this crap. This is my first and last Audi.
Not your target audience. We've had six. (so far )
Old 02-01-2019, 09:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I just had my front passenger door handle fail on my 2015 Q7. It would be nice if they had prepainted replacements.
Old 01-15-2020, 09:31 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Horn module faulty caused by faulty rear door handle sensor

WOW! Never a dull moment. so for a month, car lights were flashing on and off till the battery drained. I brought it to the dealer I bought it used from, they deal with mostly foreign cars.. The first time they said it was the battery. Well, I brought it home the same thing happened.. I had to jump it and brought it back. They said there were no codes. Come to find out, they didn't have a VAGcom specific for AUDI.. WTF? you would think these idiots would know. or they did and they didn't tell me.. Long story short I brought it to the local Audi dealer. Come to find out they ran the codes, which by the way are not on my receipt. $$2300 dollars later they say it was a faulty horn module, caused by the faulty right rear door handle sensor, the car thought the door handle was being pulled on repeatedly. $1349. in labor and $713 parts. then a sublet amount which I'm assuming they sent the handle to get painted. hazmat 40 bucks.. Okay, so what I've got out a few of these post if it happens again is
a. I will disconnect it if it shorts to ground and drains the battery.
b. disconnect the plug to each door handle - this will prevent the battery drain.
Please let this not happen agian! I love AUDIWORLD and the forums!

Old 01-15-2020, 09:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 566 Likes on 448 Posts

buy your self an OBDEleven: https://obdeleven.com/en/

Pull your own codes, do your own google fu and then find a good indy german mechanic.. Never ever take a used, out of warranty vehicle from any major manufacturer to the dealer for anything but free recall work.. Almost all of dealer work is warranty work or minor service, largely paid by corporate so there is no such thing as independent thought and offering viable cheaper alternatives to the customer is a completely foreign concept.. they just follow the script that says replace this expensive item and see if it works, nope.. try the next one and keep going til you've well exceeded all reason because Audi corp will just use it all as a tax write off or something.
Old 01-15-2020, 11:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I have a 2014 and the drivers door handle has quit. Was working off and on but now has quit all together. Still unlocks but does not lock. Was just wondering if anyone has tried these as replacements.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Exterio...MAAOSwvnddDJMp

They are from China but hey, seems the Audi ones are not fairing to well anyways.

Bruce
Old 01-19-2020, 08:25 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default ONCE AGAIN

Originally Posted by dreadlocks
buy your self an OBDEleven: https://obdeleven.com/en/

Pull your own codes, do your own google fu and then find a good indy german mechanic.. Never ever take a used, out of warranty vehicle from any major manufacturer to the dealer for anything but free recall work.. Almost all of dealer work is warranty work or minor service, largely paid by corporate so there is no such thing as independent thought and offering viable cheaper alternatives to the customer is a completely foreign concept.. they just follow the script that says replace this expensive item and see if it works, nope.. try the next one and keep going til you've well exceeded all reason because Audi corp will just use it all as a tax write off or something.
WELL, WOULDN"T YOU KNOW IT. wake up to get some water. I look out the window, car lights flashing again! go out hoping to start it! BATTERY WONT TURN OVER> WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-21-2020, 04:35 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I got the ones with the trim option (still trying to find the trim). To skip painting I even tried to remove the covers from the old handles but there is still a section exposed. They are working OK and no codes after installation.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Exterior-Do...72.m2749.l2649

Quick Reply: Issues with door handle touch sensor, and central locking button