Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

LED DRL Bulb swap

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 05:42 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Audi Q7 Daytime running lights

Hello everyone,
I need a little help. I need to replace a light bulb. According to the picture that pops up, it's the daytime running light on the passenger side. I really don't want to take it to the dealer since the closest one is 1.5 hrs away.
Can anyone explain how to replace this bulb so I can understand?
Pictures maybe? and possible where to purchase the bulb?
Old 08-05-2012, 09:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just thought I'd resurrect this thread as I am thinking of relacing my DRLS with LEDs and wondered if Hasser is still error free, as I like the sound of an easy swap out without recoding

Thanks
Old 08-06-2012, 08:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Hodge
Just thought I'd resurrect this thread as I am thinking of relacing my DRLS with LEDs and wondered if Hasser is still error free, as I like the sound of an easy swap out without recoding

Thanks

yes still error free and all good.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by loweryc
Hello everyone,
I need a little help. I need to replace a light bulb. According to the picture that pops up, it's the daytime running light on the passenger side. I really don't want to take it to the dealer since the closest one is 1.5 hrs away.
Can anyone explain how to replace this bulb so I can understand?
Pictures maybe? and possible where to purchase the bulb?
FFS!! you didnt search very hard did you???!!!!!!!!

there are pictures on page 2 of this thread!!

come on!!
Old 08-06-2012, 09:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for your reply Hasser, I shall get them bought and give it a shot, you'll hear from me when I struggle

Cheers
Old 09-01-2012, 10:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just fitted the DRL LEDs as recommended by Hasser from Autobulbsdirect, very pleased with them, took 2mins each side at most, very easy fit. Might try the sidelights next

Big Thanks
Old 02-27-2016, 09:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Alright, I know this is a 4 year old thread, but I would just like to check and see if anyone knows if it's possible to turn off cold diagnostics? I know it was brought up in this thread, but there was no definite answer. I've heard several different answers from several different people on whether it is possible to disable or not. When the Q7 is coded to LED, wouldn't that do it? I just can't believe there is no way to disable this "feature". From what I've heard, most other VAG vehicles have this option in VCDS. I'm looking to purchase a vcds but if it's not possible I don't see why I should. I have LEDs installed in my turn signals (front/rear), license plate lights, and parking lights. They all flicker and flash when not in use. I'm going to replace the brake light bulbs too but I'm holding off until I can sort the Cold Diagnostics out. It really isn't that big of an issue but it drives me nuts. Can someone please enlighten me on Audis and LED bulbs.
Old 03-13-2016, 11:38 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DieselDave
So, for anyone interested, here are the pics.

Notice in the shots with the headlights and foglights on, the sidelights in the bumper are not being used.

Changing the coding has meant the DRLs being used as sidelights, hence the reason they stay on with the headlights. Now that means the only lights on the bumper are the indicators.....perhaps it's time to swap that unit out for the LED indicators..
How did you enabled this? I have the same setup but I can't get them like yours. I triend 09 slot like you said but i am not sure which 09. I have like 3. I tried changing to 3,4,5 but nothing. Unless i need to save exit stop the car and turn the car on? Can you walkn me thru or pm ? Much appreciated!!!