Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Low Oil Pressure Warning on 3.6

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 06:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The good news is that it seems fine now...

Whatever they did, it appears to have corrected the problem...or at leat stopped the warning light from going on! We'll see.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: Oil Warning 3.6 !!!! oil pump failure engine seizes/lost Audi knows

Audi already knows that there is a oil pump failure on some of the first audis ,3,6
The engine sounds metalic for 3/4/6 seconds in the mornings ... oil ligths up! shut down is ok! Go to dealer is ok .... wil come backa again that ligth and the sound ........ is your engine being lost due to oil pump failure all oil during the nigth returns to sump.
ATTENTION ! MY Q7 has its engine lost forever! Go to dealer and explain otherwise they will say it was you who cause the damage!
Old 07-02-2007, 03:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Tragedy ! Low Oil Pressure& metalic noise l

Dear friends can you help me ? ...

Please note a friend of mine (GILBERTO OCTAVIO) bougth for me A aUDI Q7 3.6 V6 and another for my brother....
VIN : WA1AY74L97D039497 Both cars were bougth at....

Millennium Audi
17815 N. Freeway
Houston, TX 77090

My car has been making a metalic noise in the mornings( last 3 weeks) and the oil ligth was showing up on dashbord ! Low oil pressure... For 3/4 seconds some mornings once a week at least...

I took the car for the local audi dealer wich was relutant to acceptit because it was not sold by them ( very current here in Africa) after some beeing insistant they accepted the car and made a check up change the oil service date and Km for 8.000 Km noted nothing anormal and charged me $500 for that ...( it is a very expensive car here and service also)

Came to my home and engine noise and ligth oil! in dashbord was again there.

Chenged the oil for a 10W40 bradhall syntetic and it was ok for some days. I found that the oil was on its upper level (maximum)

Changed the oil filter and my mechanic ( i have an entreprise who has trucks (mercedes)and does waste management ) came to me and showed me some very thin metal particles on the oil housing saying maybe they are normal its a new car and its the first oil change. I didn't accept but he is a mecanic better than me...

The noise was gone for 5 / 6 days .... it came again and on idle now i was feeling a thump/thump/thump ..... very umperceptible....

I got realy upset took the car again to Audi dealer M'Bakassy autos and left-it there after that again i was remembered that it was not sold by them and etc...
A guy there chief mechanic aceppted the car for him in the morning listening to the engine noise... Its a Filipino Guy Mr casabar very nice guy, he and also another mechanic Mr Juanito Also filipino keept the car and investigated listened to the noise checked the oil pressure and when the noise was present it was a very low pressure inferior than the 2 bar audi suggest....

The final diagnostic is ....

ENGINE DAMAGE due to insuficient oil pressure for 3/4 seconds on cold start ups.

Oil pump to change...

Seals etc, Camshafts Two of them ....

Crankcase bearing rods to change etc etc

Tensioner etc all that it seems that i wil have to pay for the diagnostics.... I do not know how much...

Order the spares by my own as they do not have them...

removal of all engine and reassembly .....

A tragedy ... i can

Take the car out of Audi (Dealer Mbakassi autos ) shown at Audi world site, and get-it repaired at my own expenses, We do not know yet the cause of such tragedy, or at least pay them and have it repaired there by them but with my spares etc....(they do not have spares)

So what to do?????

Gilberto Octavio bougth the both cars from you for me and my brother the white one and the black one

Atached is a list and pictures (Given by M Bakassi Audi ) of the spares we need to repair the engine....

They didnt dismount the oil pump nad cylinder head yet but by the valve cover removal both intake exhaust camshafts are damaged also .... what to do please help me at least with the cost of the spares i can pay the mechanics at M Bakassi Audi or if you help me putting some pressure on Audi germany they can ask M Bakassi here to repair the car for me at low cost on mechanics as is a failure somewhere inside of engine but not caused by me....

Its now turning to a desilusion and a spiral of extra costs and bad luck please help....

Jorge da cruz
Old 12-10-2019, 12:32 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Oil pressure warning might mean one of five things:
Bad oil pressure sensor/switch, low oil level, clogged oil filter, clogged oil passages in the engine or engine wear.
This video might be helpful: