Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Part Number: 4L0807287A3FZ (front license plate filler, for plate delete)

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2015, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Part Number: 4L0807287A3FZ (front license plate filler, for plate delete)

Argh. Why is this small piece of plastic so $%&#* expensive!?

This is the front license plate cover, for removal of the license plate holder.

I have a 2015 TDI prestige sport. There seems to be two versions of these, one for adaptive cruise and one without, though, looking from the outside, I do not see how the adaptive cruise is implicated at all... (other than to charge more!) hmmm.

I am in Connecticut and we're supposed to have a front license plate, but I see many cars without them and am willing to take the chance cause it just looks so darn much better.

Anyone who needs a front plate want to trade with me?? (I have adaptive cruise, looking for matte black).

(Checked classifieds, there's nothing there that fits the bill)
Old 11-10-2015, 11:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in (almost) the same boat; I'd like to swap out my license plate filler with a non-plate version but I'm too lazy to really try, and too cheap to buy one. Mine is probably not compatible with yours: 2009 S Line, 4.2, no adaptive cruise, gloss black.
Old 11-13-2015, 07:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts
Default agree it looks good but...

It is an open invitation for a cop to pull you over for no reason other than not having a plate on the front.....and then they can cause you all sorts of grief---probable cause, searching, etc. etc. Have your story ready so you don't fumble----"oh sorry it did not have a place to screw on on" or well you get the idea
Old 11-14-2015, 10:55 AM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 283 Likes on 203 Posts

I got pulled over by Texas DPS last year in my Q7. He was sitting in the median, hung a U-turn and chased me down.

I was moving with the flow of traffic, right lane, and he gave me a warning for 4 MPH over the limit!

Really?

I'm almost positive he initially pulled me over as he saw no front plate, required in Texas. We don't have front plates in New Mexico.
Old 11-14-2015, 11:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

I am surprised at the number of cars around here (Westport CT) that don't have front plates. I don't think its highly enforced. And you're allowed to drive cars from 19 other states here that don't require a plate, so I don't imagine it is a huge flag - though I can see how it could just give someone an excuse to pull me over.
Old 01-06-2016, 08:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm looking to have no front plate. Do you want a front plate?
Old 01-06-2016, 08:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by sethroid
I'm in (almost) the same boat; I'd like to swap out my license plate filler with a non-plate version but I'm too lazy to really try, and too cheap to buy one. Mine is probably not compatible with yours: 2009 S Line, 4.2, no adaptive cruise, gloss black.
My reply above was meant for you.
Old 01-06-2016, 10:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

My SLine doesnt have the bracket since it came from Florida. So my plate is placed inside the windshield with two plastic suction cups. The Police leaves me alone since the plate is displayed in the front.
Old 01-07-2016, 01:50 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

unfortunately that type of mounting of a plate is illegal in my area and draws more attention than no front plate at all.

if you do not want a front plate just be honest with the officer... they know why you don't have it on and have the second plate in the vehicle. the issue in this area is they are more concerned with one set of plates being on two vehicles rather than the car itself not having both plates on.
Old 01-07-2016, 05:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by iconoclast
unfortunately that type of mounting of a plate is illegal in my area and draws more attention than no front plate at all.

if you do not want a front plate just be honest with the officer... they know why you don't have it on and have the second plate in the vehicle. the issue in this area is they are more concerned with one set of plates being on two vehicles rather than the car itself not having both plates on.
in fairness, NYPD will look for any excuse they can to take your money. But yea, i can see the logic. Honestly, i lived in a state with no front plate requirement and it was "cool" at first but then it was just whatever. Truth is, people want what they don't have. I am back in a state with a front license plate, and it doesn't bother me one bit anymore.

Quick Reply: Part Number: 4L0807287A3FZ (front license plate filler, for plate delete)