Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Rear bumper/spoiler upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 03:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by GRNMACHINE
Greg-that looks fantastic!
Thanks! Just trying to keep the wife happy... it's a good day when the wife says "spend some money and make my Q look like a new one"
Old 03-18-2011, 11:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i didnt go as far as getting a 2011 bumper, i just chnaged the black protection to reflex silver. and some off-road sports tail pipes.
Attached Images  
Old 03-21-2011, 05:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How did you change it to silver?
Old 03-21-2011, 09:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by GRNMACHINE
How did you change it to silver?
i got this off ebay, already in relfex silver for £30 delivered.

but these are just removable. so you can just remove the original no problem and paint it yuorself and reinstall.

it is in three sections, they just unclip from the bumper. the centre section covers the towing arrangement if not installed and is the easiest to remove. the section either side are a bit trickier, but there is no screws or anything, it is just clipped in.
Old 07-07-2011, 01:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gregtay
And here are the part numbers you need. I tossed in the exhaust tips as well just in case you want them (I think they only fit the 3.2 and TDI.. but i could be wrong.) I also added the new 2010/2011 tail lights.. so my Q7 now has a 2010/2011 rear.

Rear bumper lower 4L0 807 434 M GRU $371.25
Rear bumper insert 4L0 807 833 A 3FZ $ 69.00
Ehaust tips 4L0-071-060 $155.00
Greg.....you still out there? I'm finally moving into this mod and thought I'd check parts prices around a bit before I order. I got this reponse from one of my inquirys:

Jim, Thank you for your inquiry with AudiUSAParts.com. In looking into this conversion the part numbers you have given are good for the 2010 with the newer honeycomb style spoiler. Our only concern is that the actual bumper cover for your 08 is different from the 2009 and newer styling. Your 08 has the impact beam in the bumper where the newer models have it separate. This is not to say this update will not fit, we just have not tried it. We have linked the parts to this email below for ease of ordering. 4L0807434MGRU spoiler is $390, the honeycomb grille is $71.25 and the exhaust tip kit is $132.13. Freight would be about $75 Ground UPS oversized to 91351. We can do some additional investigating to see if the bumper cover shapes are the same, if so there should not be any issue changing out the spoilers--great idea. Thank you again for the request, please let us know how we can help in the future. Hope to hear from you soon, have a great evening. Loree Leonard AudiUSAParts.com 1-877-601-3061

Any thoughts Greg.....or anyone else?
Old 07-09-2011, 06:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 1Hondalover
Greg.....you still out there? I'm finally moving into this mod and thought I'd check parts prices around a bit before I order. I got this reponse from one of my inquirys:

Jim, Thank you for your inquiry with AudiUSAParts.com. In looking into this conversion the part numbers you have given are good for the 2010 with the newer honeycomb style spoiler. Our only concern is that the actual bumper cover for your 08 is different from the 2009 and newer styling. Your 08 has the impact beam in the bumper where the newer models have it separate. This is not to say this update will not fit, we just have not tried it. We have linked the parts to this email below for ease of ordering. 4L0807434MGRU spoiler is $390, the honeycomb grille is $71.25 and the exhaust tip kit is $132.13. Freight would be about $75 Ground UPS oversized to 91351. We can do some additional investigating to see if the bumper cover shapes are the same, if so there should not be any issue changing out the spoilers--great idea. Thank you again for the request, please let us know how we can help in the future. Hope to hear from you soon, have a great evening. Loree Leonard AudiUSAParts.com 1-877-601-3061

I have an impact beam from an 09 if it turns out you need one. Removed it for the after market hitch
Old 07-09-2011, 04:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Very nice looking. I think I'm going to do this to my 2007 q7
Old 07-13-2011, 05:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Bump for Gregtay?
Old 07-26-2011, 11:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

The impact beam is part of the upper bumper cover... which you don't change. All you do is remove the entire rear bumper ("bumper cover" and "spoiler" and of course with it you get the rear beam, lights, wires, reflectors, sensors, etc) and then remove the lower "spoiler" from the main bumper cover. (it just snaps on.. in theroy you could remove it without removing the entire bumper from the car.. but good luck with that!).. there are about 20 little tabs that keep it together. I found spraying soapy water on the tabs made it easier to get them undone. The "lower" part (which they call a "spoiler" starts right at the red lights/reflectors (the line you see is the split)... the lights are all part of the main upper bumper cover. So.. you just take off the old lower part and snap on the new lower part. The honeycomb piece just snaps into place in the lower spoiler. And YES.. the new 2010/2011 S-Line lower spoiler is exactly the same shape as the 2009 S-Line lower spoiler.. exactly the same (where things mount up.)
For 2008.. (it should be identical to 2009 for USA models... so I still don't think the imact beam is an issue.. it should be part of the upper bumper.. not the lower spoiler. Obviously i can't confirm this... but just look under your car (or pull your bumper off and take a look.)

Last edited by gregtay; 07-26-2011 at 11:16 AM.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Can you update a not-sline and not-facelift Q7 with any S-line rear lower bumper / spoiler?

I'd like to do this mod but I am unsure about the compatibility. Based on this thread all s-line rear spoilers are compatible with each other.

Quick Reply: Rear bumper/spoiler upgrade