Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Stop-Sale initiated for all 3.0TDI vehicles in the VAG Family...

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 05:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Show us da money!
Old 09-29-2017, 06:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Future buyback value

I have a 2010 Q7 TDI that I plan to keep until the end of next year (2018). I checked the website and the current buyback value for my car, based on my current mileage, is around $46K. Is that value locked in, meaning that is what I will get regardless of when I turn it in? I ask because of the timing consideration as well as the fact that I plan to put very few additional miles on the Q7 over the next 12 to 18 months. Thanks
Old 09-29-2017, 07:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mikemdd
I have a 2010 Q7 TDI that I plan to keep until the end of next year (2018). I checked the website and the current buyback value for my car, based on my current mileage, is around $46K. Is that value locked in, meaning that is what I will get regardless of when I turn it in? I ask because of the timing consideration as well as the fact that I plan to put very few additional miles on the Q7 over the next 12 to 18 months. Thanks
I think I found my answer. I went back in to the claims site and changed the turn in date to October of next year, vs. my original turn in date of October this year. Based on low expected miles driven, the value went UP by almost $2500 by waiting a year. Looks like I will make money by delaying the turn in and keeping the miles down.
Old 09-29-2017, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

I think I found my answer. I went back in to the claims site and changed the turn in date to October of next year, vs. my original turn in date of October this year. Based on low expected miles driven, the value went UP by almost $2500 by waiting a year. Looks like I will make money by delaying the turn in and keeping the miles down.
Many times in this 883 message thread there is the idea that any buyback, IF available, could be done over quite some time. So, you don't need to be the first to turn it in. Keep enjoying the car for a few more year, THEN take the money.

Talk on the Q5 board is about this news release.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...s-recall-costs

Thoughts are this is more complicated than thought... And, nothing is going to be resolved in time. Prior to the deadlines over the next couple of months.

Last edited by BlackOptic; 09-29-2017 at 11:45 AM.
Old 09-29-2017, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Indeed, it can be more profitable to wait longer. That said, keep in mind there is also the risk that something happens between now and later such that your Q7 becomes undriveable.

At the buyback appointment you have to demonstrate that it can drive forwards and backwards but this won’t be possible if you’re involved in a collision with major damagenaking it undriveable. Audi won’t buy it back and you’ll be hard pressed to get insurance to pay out at the buy back rate. Or maybe there’s some sort of major failure in engine/transmission/drive line.

Not saying its probable to have something happen - just pointing out that it’s a possibility and is therefore a risk that you’re taking on by delaying the buyback. Albeit a small risk.
Old 10-01-2017, 04:12 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I remember reading that we should get a free service while waiting for the fix. My 2015 needs an oil change etc, what do I need to do for Audi to pick up the tab?
Old 10-01-2017, 07:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by rc231
I remember reading that we should get a free service while waiting for the fix. My 2015 needs an oil change etc, what do I need to do for Audi to pick up the tab?
The free AdBlue refill and oil change is for Gen I vehicles only right now. Gen II will get it if the mod does not become available in a timely manner and we are offered a buyback.

Grey
Old 10-04-2017, 09:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just checking in on an update from fellow diesel-gaters. I own a 2014 3.0 L Q7. Received 1/2 of settlement and 1/2 of Bosch. What's the word on the October 23rd deadline? I read a few threads up that a 2010 owner took a buyback and had questions. Does that pertain to me or was that a difference generation/payment option? Just making sure I'm not missing something

Thanks in advance
Kevin
Old 10-04-2017, 09:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 566 Likes on 448 Posts

October 23rd is not the deadline for Gen2 Q7; its Nov 8th for the first deadline and February 8th for the final extension deadline.. 2010 was Gen1 and your not, so dont worry about what they get.

There will not be any news regarding the fix until the day its released; just wait it out.
Old 10-04-2017, 09:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Why is there a deadline, and then a final extension deadline? And what happened to the October deadline that they told me about at my VW settlement meeting?

Quick Reply: Stop-Sale initiated for all 3.0TDI vehicles in the VAG Family...