Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

TDI EPA Fix Completed

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Taking my 2015 Q7 in for its 25k service this Thursday and confirmed with my dealer, Audi Spokane, they are not yet ready to do the repairs as they are still trying to figure out if they order the parts only for specific VIN's. I am in no hurry to have the repair done so glad to hear they are still trying to figure things out. And after reading the link from Dreadlocks it sounds like Audi has a long way to go before they have it figured out.
Old 11-15-2017, 01:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kind of strange with so many Gen 2 q7's needing the 'fix' and so many stop-sale 3.0's sitting on lots that more have not been 'fixed' so far. I called a very large Audi dealer close to Boston today and they have done 3. that's it...3! At this rate they should have them 'fixed' in the next 10 years! I know they won't start fixing the stop-sale q7's until they give those an opportunity first that already have a q7 gen2 on the road.
Old 11-15-2017, 02:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by McRockFish
Kind of strange with so many Gen 2 q7's needing the 'fix' and so many stop-sale 3.0's sitting on lots that more have not been 'fixed' so far. I called a very large Audi dealer close to Boston today and they have done 3. that's it...3! At this rate they should have them 'fixed' in the next 10 years! I know they won't start fixing the stop-sale q7's until they give those an opportunity first that already have a q7 gen2 on the road.
Maybe they're waiting until VW can get the problems to the engine after the fix worked out. From what I've seen on the complaints, I certainly won't do mine any time soon. . . . . . . . . . . . no matter how tempting the rest of the payment is.
Old 11-15-2017, 05:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 251 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by DUTCH VanAtlanta
Maybe they're waiting until VW can get the problems to the engine after the fix worked out. From what I've seen on the complaints, I certainly won't do mine any time soon. . . . . . . . . . . . no matter how tempting the rest of the payment is.
How long do you Gen2 owners have to complete your fix and still receive the 2nd half of the settlement?
The time value of $5000. Is not great. I would wait. On our Gen 1 we could get our buyback $ now but we will wait. Makes more sense to use the vehicle as long as we can.
Old 11-15-2017, 08:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by J. Patterson
How long do you Gen2 owners have to complete your fix and still receive the 2nd half of the settlement?
The time value of $5000. Is not great. I would wait. On our Gen 1 we could get our buyback $ now but we will wait. Makes more sense to use the vehicle as long as we can.
Just don’t total it...

Grey
Old 11-16-2017, 05:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 251 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by Greystoke
Just don €™t total it...

Grey
yup. There IS that. ( It HAS to be drivable to turn in but if one had a less severe accident, does body damage have to be repaired? )
Old 11-16-2017, 09:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Reports of odd behavior definitely makes me less inclined to get the fix anytime soon. Dreadlocks, have you scheduled yet with AoDenver yet? If so...do you know if your Q7 is the first one they have done? Will be doing it there eventually as well.
Old 11-16-2017, 10:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by J. Patterson
yup. There IS that. ( It HAS to be drivable to turn in but if one had a less severe accident, does body damage have to be repaired? )
Drive it in...all components are there (regardless of damage)...get paid.

Grey
Old 11-16-2017, 11:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Q7pgh1
I remember reading about the 3 hours. I did ask if they had all the parts and he thought they did. He did call about 20 minutes after I left and asked for the claim number. I don't want to rush them since I want it done correctly.
Did you get your car back? I dropped off mine today and the service agent mentioned something about that they had to pay $10,000 for every day of delay (unclear to whom) so it was super critical that everything was handled correctly.
Old 11-16-2017, 04:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by toshiba
Did you get your car back? I dropped off mine today and the service agent mentioned something about that they had to pay $10,000 for every day of delay (unclear to whom) so it was super critical that everything was handled correctly.
Don't have it back yet. Haven't called to check because I don't want them to think I'm rushing them. Plus I'm planning to sell/trade as soon as I can, so fewer miles driven is better.

Quick Reply: TDI EPA Fix Completed