Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

2017 Q7 Black Optic Package

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2017, 08:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SYMAWD
Yes, people are running 295 tires, but they are not recommended for use on a 9.5" wide wheel.
My local Discount Tire said they had updated the range and the 295 DWS06s were totally fine on the 9.5" wheels.
Old 04-22-2017, 12:31 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Night Black, BOP, splash guards, tinted from windows, 295/40/21 DWS06 Continentals

Had to get the matching stroller ;-)

Picked up my Q7 2 weeks ago. Dealer tinted windows, splash guards, and placed 295/40/21 DWS06 with no issues. I went to the dealer 2 days ago because they forgot to place the wheel locks on my car at delivery. When they opened the wheel lock box, they showed me that the wheel lock caps don't match the caps on the black optic package. Wheel lock caps were gray, and BOP caps are black and BOP caps don't fit on the wheel lock. I didn't want one of the five caps to be gray, and rest black so I said to not place them on my car. This was the first 2017 Q7 BOP that the dealer had ever sold. Did they just order the wrong wheel locks for my car or are they correct and wheel locks aren't available for BOP? Anyone experience this? If they are available, anyone know the part number. Thanks
Old 04-22-2017, 12:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by rattyp1

Night Black, BOP, splash guards, tinted from windows, 295/40/21 DWS06 Continentals

Had to get the matching stroller ;-)

Picked up my Q7 2 weeks ago. Dealer tinted windows, splash guards, and placed 295/40/21 DWS06 with no issues. I went to the dealer 2 days ago because they forgot to place the wheel locks on my car at delivery. When they opened the wheel lock box, they showed me that the wheel lock caps don't match the caps on the black optic package. Wheel lock caps were gray, and BOP caps are black and BOP caps don't fit on the wheel lock. I didn't want one of the five caps to be gray, and rest black so I said to not place them on my car. This was the first 2017 Q7 BOP that the dealer had ever sold. Did they just order the wrong wheel locks for my car or are they correct and wheel locks aren't available for BOP? Anyone experience this? If they are available, anyone know the part number. Thanks
Looks great. I like the murdered out styling.

Can't you just paint the gray caps to match?

Grey
Old 04-22-2017, 04:09 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I have the 21" wheels but not the BOP and they also came with the dark caps. Since mine also did not have the locking lug bolts I ordered them from the same dealer but unfortunately, they also came with the non-matching silver caps. The parts dept. said they ordered the correct part per their parts catalog but could not find a matching dark cap for the locking bolts. I checked online but could not find a match.

I would hope these exist since someone must have gotten the locking lug nuts installed prior to delivery and would have brought it to their dealer's attention if they had mismatched black and silver caps on their wheels.
Old 04-25-2017, 03:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by perfectbound
I have the 21" wheels but not the BOP and they also came with the dark caps. Since mine also did not have the locking lug bolts I ordered them from the same dealer but unfortunately, they also came with the non-matching silver caps. The parts dept. said they ordered the correct part per their parts catalog but could not find a matching dark cap for the locking bolts. I checked online but could not find a match.

I would hope these exist since someone must have gotten the locking lug nuts installed prior to delivery and would have brought it to their dealer's attention if they had mismatched black and silver caps on their wheels.
I had the exact same problem. But, I ordered and received the locking lugs as part of the transaction. Didn't discover it until 2 weeks ago when I took the snows off. Got the caps out to put them on - one of these things was not like the other. Called the dealer. They offered to order some for me (just the caps, not another locking lug set). And they initially wanted to charge me $1.76 per cap. I know, not much, but, it was the principle of the thing. After a little discussion, the parts guy said he would talk to his manager (the following week because the manager was on vacation). End result, they gave me the black caps and I gave them back the silver ones. I didn't get any paperwork - so I don't have the part numbers. Ask your dealer about ordering just the caps. If they can't figure it out - holler. I'll get the part number from my dealer.

Old 04-25-2017, 04:56 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by mctt197
I had the exact same problem. But, I ordered and received the locking lugs as part of the transaction. Didn't discover it until 2 weeks ago when I took the snows off. Got the caps out to put them on - one of these things was not like the other. Called the dealer. They offered to order some for me (just the caps, not another locking lug set). And they initially wanted to charge me $1.76 per cap. I know, not much, but, it was the principle of the thing. After a little discussion, the parts guy said he would talk to his manager (the following week because the manager was on vacation). End result, they gave me the black caps and I gave them back the silver ones. I didn't get any paperwork - so I don't have the part numbers. Ask your dealer about ordering just the caps. If they can't figure it out - holler. I'll get the part number from my dealer.

Called my Service department. They are still confused about the part number. They say they don't have a part number for the black caps for locking lug nuts. Would you please find out from your dealership and let me know. Thanks a lot.
Old 04-26-2017, 08:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

I called my dealer. He explained there is only one part number - 4M0601173C. However, there is a color code that needs to be specified. 01C is the color code for black. His first attempt at ordering for me apparently got him a set of the silver caps at which point he figured out the color code as the additional piece of data required. Have your dealer use the right color code in combination with the part number and you should be all set.
Old 04-28-2017, 06:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 131 Likes on 85 Posts

My Ti Black Optics in Silver over Rock Grey interior came off the truck today!

Name:  20170428_170345_zpsu38465h1.jpg
Views: 1937
Size:  120.6 KB

I can tell it already needs tint up front.

Name:  imagejpeg_0_zpsyjvgxjqs.jpg
Views: 1993
Size:  197.6 KB
Old 04-28-2017, 06:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Nice. Yeah, I scheduled front window tinting the for the day after I took delivery.
Old 09-28-2017, 12:51 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by SYMAWD
Anybody know which white this is? Looks like glacier, but not sure.

Quick Reply: 2017 Q7 Black Optic Package