AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Q7 MKII Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mkii-discussion-211/)
-   -   2017 Q7 BRAKE ISSUES, NO FIX IN SIGHT (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mkii-discussion-211/2017-q7-brake-issues-no-fix-sight-2934072/)

RJC 1 01-23-2019 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by aquarian (Post 25265987)
The car was in for the 20k service. The dealer didn't do anything to the brakes pad or rotors. I believe the TSB calls for replacements of the pads only, not rotors...

I'm confused, you said earlier they did the TSB, so what did they change then? The TSB was done on mine and both pads and rotors were changed although my rotors had become warped.

JT4 01-24-2019 05:06 AM

FINALLY, my parts have come in and I am scheduled to have the brakes replaced in two weeks..

RJC 1 01-24-2019 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by JT4 (Post 25266260)
FINALLY, my parts have come in and I am scheduled to have the brakes replaced in two weeks..

Nice, did they order pads and rotors?

JT4 01-24-2019 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by RJC 1 (Post 25266334)
Nice, did they order pads and rotors?

That's what I was told, I'm just hoping they don't give the parts away again..

Last winter I was put on "the list", finally end of June 2018 I was told the parts were in and made an appt for the end of July since that's was the soonest a loaner was available. Took it in and I was told the parts were given to someone else.. I was like WTF, why wasn't I told..

I had been following up with them every 6 weeks since, and when I picked up my Allroad on Jan 5th I stopped by service to check on the status and I was told there were 18K sets on national back-order with no ETA in site. Then out of the blue I receive a call from them the end of last week and they tell me they rec'd 8 sets and that the service manager is keeping a set for me in his office.

I wanted to bring it in immediately but they told me next week is the soonest... To be continued..

RJC 1 01-24-2019 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by JT4 (Post 25266400)
That's what I was told, I'm just hoping they don't give the parts away again..

Last winter I was put on "the list", finally end of June 2018 I was told the parts were in and made an appt for the end of July since that's was the soonest a loaner was available. Took it in and I was told the parts were given to someone else.. I was like WTF, why wasn't I told..

I had been following up with them every 6 weeks since, and when I picked up my Allroad on Jan 5th I stopped by service to check on the status and I was told there were 18K sets on national back-order with no ETA in site. Then out of the blue I receive a call from them the end of last week and they tell me they rec'd 8 sets and that the service manager is keeping a set for me in his office.

I wanted to bring it in immediately but they told me next week is the soonest... To be continued..

Nice, sounds like it's finally all aligning for you

aquarian 01-24-2019 01:09 PM

TSB 2050735/2 calls for replacements of front brake pads only, not including rotors.

Originally Posted by RJC 1 (Post 25266074)
I'm confused, you said earlier they did the TSB, so what did they change then? The TSB was done on mine and both pads and rotors were changed although my rotors had become warped.

ConservativeConsumer 01-24-2019 01:22 PM

My Q got the aforementioned TSB implemented on Monday. Yes, the TSB does only front brakes replacement with no rotors included. Still, kind of nice to have brand new pads installed for free at 20K. No ugly sound since replacement, but I am certain that it'll return a few thousands miles later - most likely next fall when it'll get clod and damp again.

shugs 01-28-2019 09:23 AM

My audi service ordered some parts and I finally brought the Q7 in. The TSB i have on my service sheet is TSB # 2050735 / 4 . It also lists 'Replace front brake pads and installed additional clips' Parts for the job were 'brake lining' and 'spring' . While I was in there, an update was due for the front camera. It's update 90K9.

So far no squeak!

Good Luck Everyone

RJC 1 01-28-2019 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by shugs (Post 25268156)
My audi service ordered some parts and I finally brought the Q7 in. The TSB i have on my service sheet is TSB # 2050735 / 4 . It also lists 'Replace front brake pads and installed additional clips' Parts for the job were 'brake lining' and 'spring' . While I was in there, an update was due for the front camera. It's update 90K9.

So far no squeak!

Good Luck Everyone

Nice, someone here mentioned the extra springs were missing

adamvincent617 01-30-2019 09:43 AM

My car goes in tomorrow for the TSB. Nice to get new front pads @ 30k...