2017 Q7 BRAKE ISSUES, NO FIX IN SIGHT - AudiWorld Forums

Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi Q3 /Q5 / Q7 > Audi Q7 > Q7 MKII Discussion
Reload this Page > 2017 Q7 BRAKE ISSUES, NO FIX IN SIGHT
Notices
Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

2017 Q7 BRAKE ISSUES, NO FIX IN SIGHT

Old 10-05-2017, 07:57 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default 2017 Q7 BRAKE ISSUES, NO FIX IN SIGHT

I have a 2017 q7 in New York with 9500 miles on it car is 7 months old the brakes squeal like crazy. Audi USA is absolutely useless. They clam fault and they are working on a fix and should be soon. soon as in a year. its been 7 months they are just pushing peoples buttons and playing pass the puck. My dealer changed my pads out of there pocket to make me happy because I told them if they cant fix this they can have the car back. It did make me happy that they stepped up but I have to tell you I am really not happy with the way Audi USA has handled this. I will never buy another Audi over this. Anyone else here having same issue.
Old 10-05-2017, 08:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by JONPRAC View Post
I have a 2017 q7 in New York with 9500 miles on it car is 7 months old the brakes squeal like crazy. Audi USA is absolutely useless. They clam fault and they are working on a fix and should be soon. soon as in a year. its been 7 months they are just pushing peoples buttons and playing pass the puck. My dealer changed my pads out of there pocket to make me happy because I told them if they cant fix this they can have the car back. It did make me happy that they stepped up but I have to tell you I am really not happy with the way Audi USA has handled this. I will never buy another Audi over this. Anyone else here having same issue.
My S7 brakes squeal like crazy, my buddies RS7 same thing, my other buddies S4, same thing. Im not telling you its an Audi thing but it seems to be. Different pads should fix (not Audi pads). I do get your frustration, its more of an embarrassing thing as you pull up to the drive through coffee place and your brakes are squealing like crazy.
Old 10-05-2017, 11:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

My 2016 S6 had the same issue and I took it in around 10k miles. Dealer said this is normal behavior for the type of pads used. A quick search will tell you MANY people have complained about this across different Audi models.
Old 10-05-2017, 11:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

My 2015 Mk1 Q7 has 28,000 miles, and has been in for two or three services. Each time, I ask them to "look at, and try to reduce the break squeaking"... But alas, no real option/fix. I'm with those that say this just seems to be a common trait. I've learned to live with it. I have made a point to mention it, so that "squeaky brakes" is in the service record since day one. In case some warrantee/advisory comes out in the future.
Old 10-05-2017, 12:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Haven't gone to the dealer with this yet but I've also got the same issue. Fortunitely no issues during braking while driving forwards but when reversing it's a totally different story.
Other Audi I've got has ceramic brakes and no issues at all with them. Previous generation Q7 didn't have this issue either.

Last edited by mcdream; 10-05-2017 at 11:00 PM.
Old 10-05-2017, 12:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

It's brakes not breaks...lol
Old 10-05-2017, 12:15 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default UPDATE

after complaining to audi usa and them ignoring me the dealer stepped up agreed to put all new pads and rotors all around and hopefully it will by me some time for them to go to a new pad...
Old 10-05-2017, 12:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

I have no issues whatsoever. 13,000 miles. No squeaking.
Old 10-05-2017, 01:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I'm at 8600 miles, not a sound thankfully.
Old 10-05-2017, 02:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

after complaining to audi usa and them ignoring me the dealer stepped up agreed to put all new pads and rotors all around and hopefully it will by me some time for them to go to a new pad...
From my experience with the brand thus far, this appears to be a most unwelcome trait of Audi/USA.
I'm glad your dealership stepped up (kudos to them), but they should not have had to.

Search this Thread