AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Q7 MKII Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mkii-discussion-211/)
-   -   Car Play and Parking Sensors (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mkii-discussion-211/car-play-parking-sensors-2940482/)

eettare 03-03-2018 03:13 PM

Current iPhone software is 11.2.6, is anyone running this version having issues?

jjobev 03-03-2018 06:52 PM

That is my version also. Has happened before and after upgrades. Happened with IOS 10 version that I held out on upgrading for a while. Was hoping upgrade would help but no luck.

FairwellQ7TDI 03-05-2018 09:43 AM

I've been having this problem since the day I took possession of the car one year ago. It used to be intermittent, now it's constant. Maybe Audi had Google put a little bug into the system to try to get more people to sign back up for Audi Connect in order to get BASIC traffic. It's another VW defeat device, though this one is simply to make all of us owners feel so defeated, that we just give up and pay for a service that we should never be charged for in the first place!

Ok, rant over...thank you for your time everyone. I too will check back once i have the time to bring this up with the dealer. Totally forgot to mention it during the 10k service.

mccfaepdx 03-12-2018 09:15 AM

Went in for 10k service last month and showed them this issue. Returned to pick up car and they tried to tell me it was a known issue when streaming apple music via iphone. Huh?!?!?! This was nothing close to the issue I showed them. They then tried to blame the Apple SW. I went with shop foreman to a Q7 on the showroom floor where carplay and proximity sensors worked as intended with my phone. Service department then wanted my car back again to look at it some more.

I returned the car to the shop on Saturday and since my initial complaint it appears others have complained of similar/same issue. My sales guy was there this time and was great, he really wanted to figure this out and spent some time with my car and others that worked normally. He had an iphone with iOS 10 which worked on all cars, my phone with 11.2.6 worked on a Q7 and A4 but not on my Q7. So it appears to be a combination of iOS11 and something with the car. Audi are aware of it and apparently have a number of resources working on it. I'll keep you updated with what happens but for everyone else I would recommend getting your issue logged with Audi to gain momentum with this. If they try and state it's an Apple SW issue try your phone on different car at the dealership to show there is something different about these cars that Audi surely owns.

bkafrick 03-12-2018 02:21 PM

Call me lucky, but I have not experienced this issue at all.

Running latest version of iOS (11.2.6).

I did have a disconnecting issue before, but swapped lightning cables, and everything worked again.

Never have had an issue with the parking sensors kicking me out of Carplay though... knock on wood.

bfishernc 03-14-2018 03:10 AM

My parking sensors never automatically kick on, except when in reverse. I can manually turn them on with the dash button when I need them. I’m assuming this is a setting... maybe it would help this situation?

gsobol 03-14-2018 07:24 AM

Activate parking screen manually, then use right drawer (on the touch pad), there is setting for activate automatically.

bfishernc 03-14-2018 05:52 PM

Sorry, my suggestion was for people to turn it off to stop the issue they are complaining about (not asking how to turn it on)

FairwellQ7TDI 03-20-2018 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by bfishernc (Post 25123954)
Sorry, my suggestion was for people to turn it off to stop the issue they are complaining about (not asking how to turn it on)

This doesn’t help those of us who mount our phones and start music/maps before backing out of thedriveway. Once I switch into reverse, there’s no going back and I need unplug and replug my phone in. This should not be necessary and certainly hasn’t happened on the half dozen other cars I’ve drive with Apple Car Play. While your suggestion may be a patch, we are looking for real solutions here. This is not a silly complaint for a $70k vehicle.

bkafrick 03-21-2018 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by FairwellQ7TDI (Post 25126306)
This doesn’t help those of us who mount our phones and start music/maps before backing out of thedriveway. Once I switch into reverse, there’s no going back and I need unplug and replug my phone in. This should not be necessary and certainly hasn’t happened on the half dozen other cars I’ve drive with Apple Car Play. While your suggestion may be a patch, we are looking for real solutions here. This is not a silly complaint for a $70k vehicle.

I'm really trying to figure out why other people have this issue, while I have none. I have the latest iOS, but I have a 2017 model. Maybe y'all having issues are in the 2018 version? Different MMI software?