Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Picked up New Q7 on the 19th of June then Back in the Shop on the 20th

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 05:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by randomwalker
Picked up my new 2017 Q7 Prestige on the 6/19/2017. Next day, I got a warning light that the right headlight was not working. So I took it back to the dealership. Techs looked it over and couldn't figure out what was causing the problem and wanted to keep it overnight. So, it spent all of the 20th and most of the 21st in the shop. It's been fixed now...apparently some LED wire was not connected properly. Anyone else have this problem? While I'm pleased the the GM of the dealership got involved and delivered the fixed car back to me, I'm concerned that I had this problem on the second day of ownership. This is my first-ever Audi and first-ever German car. Hopefully not a harbinger of things to come.
Its unfortunate that this happened to you, but like the others said these things happen. No manufacturer puts out a perfect vehicle, especially when they are selling in a large volume. 1 or 2 of them is gonna slip through the cracks. The running joke with me and a friend while I was waiting for delivery was that I hope my car was not being built on a Friday lol. But look at these forums and you can see how the majority are satisfied and issues are minor. So take solace in that fact and be positive that you have a solid ride. Again if these vehicles were perfect they would not need warranties. =)
Old 06-24-2017, 04:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

So here's another war story (not Audi). A few years back I had ordered a Volvo XC90. When the day finally came to pick it up, I drove it home then left to take my son downtown for an appointment. Halfway to downtown, a message came up: "Transmission service required." Thirteen miles on the car at this point. By the time I got downtown, it had changed to "Transmission service urgent".

I pulled out the transmission dipstick and it had the color and consistency of a strawberry milkshake. Turns out that there was a pin hole in the transmission/radiator intercooler line and coolant was getting into the transmission.

Now I had planned just enough time to put on required break-in miles before using this car to tow my boat on vacation. The former tow vehicle was already sold. The vacation looked like it was jeopardy, including the nonrefundable payments on the rental house.

But the dealer was great. They offered me three options: (1) give the car back, take my money and buy elsewhere, (2) re-order another new one (but that would take months and there were none with my specs in inventory), or (3) they would change the transmission and every part that touches coolant and give me the dealership owner's Sequoia to use to tow my boat on the week long vacation. Needless to say, I chose option 3.

Stuff happens. It's all about having a good dealer that will take care of you when it does.
Old 06-24-2017, 05:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I picked up my first Audi in early December 1995, the all-new A4. With 5 miles on the odometer, I came to a red light, pushed in the clutch and it went flat to the floor as springs, nuts and bolts fell on my feet. Nothing like trying to match road speed and engine speed to shift a car you are barely familiar with, just to limp it back to the dealer.

It was a small preview of what was to come as that car was in the shop constantly but the dealership was fantastic. It was an all new model for Audi and we determined it was built during Oktoberfest. At 49K miles I traded it in before the warranty expired. I think Audi does a great job of continuous improvement on their models, as my 1998 A4 avant was nearly flawless for 200K miles.