Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Q7 MKII with High Mileage - How far ya gone?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2016, 03:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just tripped 16k miles. Racking them up rather quickly as of late. Mileage has started taking a hit. I think mostly due to the winter blend.

I've done two oil changes on it so far. Still need to get it to the dealership to get a couple things looked at as it has the annoying ticking noise, moaning supercharger, something jiggling around the tailgate and a popping noise in the front suspension at low speed directional changes.

Otherwise, it just really needs a bath!
Old 12-08-2016, 05:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have about 650 miles in 3 weeks. Wasn't able to use it for 4 days due to it being in the detailer for paint protection. So far no issues just yet.
Old 12-08-2016, 06:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have 1,200 miles in just over 2 months.
Old 12-08-2016, 11:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by epicQ7
popping noise in the front suspension at low-speed directional changes.

Otherwise, it just really needs a bath!
I have mentioned this every time I have had mine in and they keep telling me it is normal, but they seem to say everything is normal, let us know if they tell you different.

I am at 23k now and had to buy new tires at 20k, I am used to getting triple that mileage out of my previous vehicles (Full-size trucks). I am also switching dealers for my next service.

I have also done some research since my last post, I am at over 100 calls to Audi customer service/corporate since my purchase in February, never had to call a mfg before now.
Old 12-13-2016, 02:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Not that many miles yet but pretty happy with the MPG. About 70% city driving.

Last edited by Bozman5000; 12-13-2016 at 02:28 PM.
Old 12-14-2016, 12:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Ink17Q7
I have mentioned this every time I have had mine in and they keep telling me it is normal, but they seem to say everything is normal, let us know if they tell you different.

I am at 23k now and had to buy new tires at 20k, I am used to getting triple that mileage out of my previous vehicles (Full-size trucks). I am also switching dealers for my next service.

I have also done some research since my last post, I am at over 100 calls to Audi customer service/corporate since my purchase in February, never had to call a mfg before now.
I mentioned it the last time mine was in and got the standard "we were not able to replicate" response. Yet, just like the supercharger whine and jerk, can make it happen pretty much at will.

When I take it back in I completely plan on making time to take a tech out and see to it that they hear every single issue. Other item would really be the sunroof rattle but I just don't know if I want my entire headliner pulled down.
Old 12-14-2016, 01:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Gosh ... I am in for the same popping noise issue .. I have scheduled an appointment to have the technician ride along. First time I complained, they gave me the unable to replicate response... This next time, I will keep him in my passenger seat until he admits hearing them!

Another gripe is the soft clicking when steering wheel fully turned. They told me that AWD cars have that characteristic. Do any of you have that sound? I've driven many 4 AWD (different manufacturers) and an A4 Quattro--- never noticed that! I actually tried to replicate it with the loaner A4 Quattro.

In any case, these random noises bother the heck out of me. It's a luxury car. It shouldn't make constant maddening clicking popping sounds!!
Old 12-14-2016, 01:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

About 150 miles. Just picked it up last night in Aviano and the wife drove it back to Vicenza. She is absolutely in love with it! Pics to follow this weekend once we get some decent sun and the fog is gone. The Q is stunning at night on the road. I was tailing behind part of the trip looking at the lines and the lights. What really got me was when I was in the lead and kept looking at it in the rearview mirror. Really hard to not take your eyes off of it. Very distinctive look at night - I was readily able to pick her out of the traffic.
Old 12-14-2016, 01:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Keyser Wi
Gosh ... I am in for the same popping noise issue .. I have scheduled an appointment to have the technician ride along. First time I complained, they gave me the unable to replicate response... This next time, I will keep him in my passenger seat until he admits hearing them!

Another gripe is the soft clicking when steering wheel fully turned. They told me that AWD cars have that characteristic. Do any of you have that sound? I've driven many 4 AWD (different manufacturers) and an A4 Quattro--- never noticed that! I actually tried to replicate it with the loaner A4 Quattro.

In any case, these random noises bother the heck out of me. It's a luxury car. It shouldn't make constant maddening clicking popping sounds!!
Soft clicking in the drive terrain or in the steering wheel? I have started noticing a noise coming from the steering wheel/shaft that I can't seem to figure out what is going on there.
Old 12-14-2016, 04:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by epicQ7
Soft clicking in the drive terrain or in the steering wheel? I have started noticing a noise coming from the steering wheel/shaft that I can't seem to figure out what is going on there.
I think it's from drivetrain... I will pay closer attention next time.

Quick Reply: Q7 MKII with High Mileage - How far ya gone?