Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Slow Speed Turns - Clicking Sound From Front End

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2017, 04:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by itiongo
The dealer is having trouble with syncing my steering wheel to the central hub computer. Regional Technician was requested from Audi Corporate. Big badass Regional Tech, thought that replacing the central hub computer would solve the problem and requested that the dealer replace it with a new one, then left town. The central hub computer was replaced and steering wheel synced, but Adaptive Chassis is not responding. Big baddass Regional Tech will return on Monday. I requested that the technician look at the clicking sounds from front end while waiting for Regional Tech, but I was Informed that they will not work on it without the Regional Tech now. According to the service records, a complete engine replacement was done and the new motor had 7k miles, body had 26k miles when I purchased it as a CPO. Central hub computer was also replaced during engine replacement. This is highly suspicious since my Q7 was CPO. The service parts documentation does not match. I am not expecting my Q7 on Monday 10/16. I might have been sold a Dud Q7 with false CPO documentation?

I am told by my dealer that since I brought my Q7 in for warranty work, it has now costed over $10k for service work alone.
Yikes, really sorry you're having to deal with this. If Audi USA and/or the dealer does not fully step up (and with their apparent reputation, Audi USA might not) then seek lemon law or counsel.

My dealing with Audi USA has not been good (lot's of false promises, lots of denial and lots of insulting my intelligence ), I will make a separate and highly detailed thread about it when I get some time...they are pushing me to lemon law, but they force you to go through the BBB arbitration even before pursuing lemon law. Please keep us posted and don't give up...that's what they want you to do.

With respect to the clicking noise, the TSB clearly addresses this, so don't let them tell you its normal (Audi USA apparently seems to like saying/implying this about issues, even when there's a bonafide problem). Brilliant vehicles, yet sadly a poor corporate philosophy toward customers and others.

Last edited by RJC 1; 10-16-2017 at 08:23 AM.
Old 10-17-2017, 05:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Anyone else had theirs in for service yet?
Old 10-17-2017, 07:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RJC 1
Anyone else had theirs in for service yet?
Mine is coming out tomorrow. “Collapsed bushing in lower control arm” they said. I’ll keep you posted on the details of the paperwork.
Old 10-17-2017, 07:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default same grinding sound

guys mine is in the shop since last friday should hear something tomorrow. but they hear the sound when slow hard turn parking so they can replicate it but they can't seem to find the problem.
I'm going to link them to this forum thread. will let you know. its at downtown LA audi. great group of guys so hope they find the problem.
Old 10-17-2017, 10:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by jk06a8
guys mine is in the shop since last friday should hear something tomorrow. but they hear the sound when slow hard turn parking so they can replicate it but they can't seem to find the problem.
I'm going to link them to this forum thread. will let you know. its at downtown LA audi. great group of guys so hope they find the problem.
Thanks for the update...there's a tsb earlier in the thread...give them the info/#. Keep us posted
Old 10-17-2017, 10:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by justhatguy
Mine is coming out tomorrow. “Collapsed bushing in lower control arm” they said. I’ll keep you posted on the details of the paperwork.
Thanks, pls find out if the wheels needed to come off.
Old 10-18-2017, 08:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

WLL DO!
Old 10-18-2017, 02:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

Well, my Dealership still can't get the air suspension talking to my car, and they have no clue on how long it'll take. I know the Lemon Law states that any car that is in the dealership longer than a total of 30days within the first year of purchase is considered a lemon. Since my car is CPO, I have no idea if Wisconsin has any laws against used cars. My bigger concern is, if I lose my Q7, it'll take months before I find another with my specs, and I don't want to order New, because that'll take even longer. So, my loaner Q5 premium got replaced by A5 sportback premium plus. I'm not a fan of these 2.0T motors, but it drives very well for the size of the car.
Old 10-18-2017, 08:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TsB above is accurate. Fixed be issues.
Old 10-19-2017, 11:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by itiongo
Well, my Dealership still can't get the air suspension talking to my car, and they have no clue on how long it'll take. I know the Lemon Law states that any car that is in the dealership longer than a total of 30days within the first year of purchase is considered a lemon. Since my car is CPO, I have no idea if Wisconsin has any laws against used cars. My bigger concern is, if I lose my Q7, it'll take months before I find another with my specs, and I don't want to order New, because that'll take even longer. So, my loaner Q5 premium got replaced by A5 sportback premium plus. I'm not a fan of these 2.0T motors, but it drives very well for the size of the car.
Contact your state's AG lemon law division and ask them. If Audi does replace your vehicle (lots of luck with that) I'm sure you/they can find something similar that is on the ground or inbound.

Again, Audi makes great vehicles, but they make the ownership experience unnecessarily very difficult/unpleasant at times. I don't know if I would ever purchase another Audi after what they've put me and others here through.

Last edited by RJC 1; 10-19-2017 at 06:02 PM.

Quick Reply: Slow Speed Turns - Clicking Sound From Front End