AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Q7 MKII Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mkii-discussion-211/)
-   -   What is one thing that you wish you had while driving Q7? (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mkii-discussion-211/what-one-thing-you-wish-you-had-while-driving-q7-2965329/)

V13T 01-10-2019 05:33 PM

Matrix LED in the US

ocluzie 01-10-2019 06:04 PM

A functional Rear Seat Entretainent system. Connect iPhone via Bluetooth automatically when inside the car. Less expensive Audi Connect. Spare tire. Quiet brakes.

HGSB 01-11-2019 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Lectoid (Post 25259762)
Same here. I also told my self fixing that suspension would cost a lot more down the road. I'll likely drive this car in to the dirt so I was thinking long term.

Add me to the list - I almost checked the box on the order form, but the cost of a potential out of warranty repair stopped me (I do a lot of driving and usually hold onto my vehicles until something major fails). I had a 2004 Touareg V8 where the air suspension started to fail at 110k miles and I was staring at a $5k repair (and that was in 2008 dollars). I’m sure the reliabilty improved over the past decade, but it was too big a risk IMO...

Corgiman 01-11-2019 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by SarhoshAmiral (Post 25259843)
They do adopt the curves the with turning on/off different sections, at least my 2019 does. My 2012 Q5 used to have the actual turning ones and I think Q7's provide better visibility especially to immediate surroundings. I haven't paid attention to hills though. There is also auto high beams which are useful in night driving, I usually turn it on since it does a good job of toggling it quickly based on cars nearby. None of this will matter in 2020 models since they will get the matrix headlights.

Don’t hold your breath on the Matrix lights. NHTSA has, as usual, proposed standards that are significantly different than everywhere else.

MoInEd 01-11-2019 09:22 AM

- armrest storage is too small
- navigating various folders of music on SD card is slow, should have a fast page-up/down option
- I don't have audi-connect, so can't use Google map. The audi navigation system isn't as good as google.
- I have the base (not even Bose) sound system and it's terrible.
- I wish it had spare tire instead of run-flat
- An actual dip-stick for oil (instead of electronic oil level).

BigKutta 01-11-2019 09:24 AM

I wish

I wish that the auto high beams didn't automatically dip down when my speed drops below 25 mph. Super annoying. I drive a lot of dark, back roads and dropping close to 25 or below is not uncommon. That doesn't eliminate my need to see further, so not sure why Audi thought it would be a good idea to think for me. Its related to the better headlight issue mentioned earlier I guess....otherwise I have everything I wished for (since I ordered the Q myself)

hayde_bre 01-11-2019 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by charliehereforyou (Post 25260090)
A much quieter car. How much did Audi pay the reviewers to say it's "as quiet as a vault?" My old 2013 Infiniti JX-35 WAS as quiet as a vault.

I think my Q7 is quiet as a vault.
Sometimes it amazes me how they isolated the engine noise so well. Road noise is there only because of the horrible road conditions we have here in NYC.

hayde_bre 01-11-2019 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by MoInEd (Post 25260361)
- armrest storage is too small
- navigating various folders of music on SD card is slow, should have a fast page-up/down option
- I don't have audi-connect, so can't use Google map. The audi navigation system isn't as good as google.
- I have the base (not even Bose) sound system and it's terrible.
- I wish it had spare tire instead of run-flat
- An actual dip-stick for oil (instead of electronic oil level).

So much for "one thing". LOL.
PS: Use Android Auto for google maps, it's great.

RJC 1 01-11-2019 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by hayde_bre (Post 25260391)
I think my Q7 is quiet as a vault.

+1
Although I'd still like a DPG option.

Polonium1 01-11-2019 04:01 PM

Space for spare tire.