RS 6 Discussion (C5) Discussion forum for the Audi RS 6 C5 platform

Missed the RS6 so bought an S8

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2018, 02:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 134 Likes on 85 Posts
Default Missed the RS6 so bought an S8

Bought an A8L a couple months ago and fell in love. So smooth and luxurious and just a great car. I urned for more power so up she went for sale and I got a 2014 D4 S8 with twenty something thousand miles. Took forever to find one in Daytona Gray that had a dark interior. Then finding in ebony (really wanted), carbon trim (really really wanted) and had the black headliner I knew it was my perfect S8 except no B&O stereo. Already ordered the Eurocharged tune. They are local, great guys I hang out with, seem to get the best power, give me killer prices and were the only place in the world that could properly tune my AMG CL65. I am debating down pipes but they look like a PITA to change and I dont want to break anything swapping them and I also dont want to over stress the car like my RS6. Cars new enough and expensive enough for me to try and not destroy it. I also really want to remove the fenders badges for a more sleeper look but I fear the paint may be a tad darker uner there. Car was a Cali car and I dont know if it sat in a garage or outside. Seems to have half the miles other 2014 S8s had so I kinda think it spent most of its life sitting in the garage.

I had fun with the CL65 and the nearly 1500HP Corvette but they were not useable like the RS6 was. It would destroy them to 100 or just general light to light racing. LOL Granted after 100 they would FLY past the RS6 but the Vette is just obnoxious when it goes fast. I prefer the civility of the Benz but deep down I always was an Audi lover.

Plus its great having a sleeper 4 door uber comfort car that puts supercars to shame. lol

Real kicker is I have never seen the car in person. My buddy that lives near it couldnt get to it in time as well. I had to hop on the car quick as the auction was coming to a close and after showing it to a fellow Audi friend he decided he was going to try and buy it. I negotiated a price that was 10k less than I was willing to go and got a contract with a two week return policy. Full refund and they pay shipping if I find any mechanical issues with the car or even a single ding or paint chip as the car was promised to be 100% showroom. Place has a good rep going back many years and the person I delt with has many repeat customers over the years so I feel this should go well.

Old 03-13-2018, 01:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Live in Austin will be in market for a car soon and since you liked the service & price could you please provide he name of the dealer.
Old 03-13-2018, 01:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 134 Likes on 85 Posts

Yeah that car fell through. They lost it and the truck and the driver. I am combating getting my funds back still. Bought an S8 in Dallas this weekend instead.
Old 04-15-2018, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice ride...enjoy!