RS 7 Discussion forum for the Audi RS 7

Squeaking Brakes on 2016 RS7

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2018, 09:39 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Squeaking Brakes on 2016 RS7

Hey guys. I have a 2016 RS7 that received a complete brake job in the last year and the brakes have squeaked in the last 50 feet of a stop since about 2 weeks after that. It's frustrating to say the least in that I've spent plenty of time on the phone with the dealer that did the work and a couple other dealers who all have said that these high performance(non ceramic) brakes do this all the time. Sure they do.

I feel like the hardware clips that separate the pads fromt the rotors might not have been changed when they did the "complete" brake job and the brake dust, etc., is causing the pads to make that squeaking noise because of the added friction. Has anyone experienced this phenomenon?

I'm hoping for some enlightenment from the group.

Thank you.

KC
Old 08-16-2018, 05:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kippc
Hey guys. I have a 2016 RS7 that received a complete brake job in the last year and the brakes have squeaked in the last 50 feet of a stop since about 2 weeks after that. It's frustrating to say the least in that I've spent plenty of time on the phone with the dealer that did the work and a couple other dealers who all have said that these high performance(non ceramic) brakes do this all the time. Sure they do.

I feel like the hardware clips that separate the pads fromt the rotors might not have been changed when they did the "complete" brake job and the brake dust, etc., is causing the pads to make that squeaking noise because of the added friction. Has anyone experienced this phenomenon?

Thank you.

KC
Mine do this as well. i'm actually scheduled to get a full change out next week. i believe new pads and rotors. i'll keep you posted on what happens. i have a 2017.

Old 08-21-2018, 06:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kippc
Thank you.
KC
Salvation lies within.
Old 09-03-2018, 05:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Audi switched out rotors and pads and no more squeaking. All under warranty. Car is one year old.
Old 09-16-2018, 07:13 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a 2016 RS7 with Audi care...they have always squealed when stopping. So, you all are saying Audi will cover brake change under warranty to eliminate the squealing? I'll have to try this with my dealer...