RS 7 Discussion forum for the Audi RS 7

The wait continues:-(

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2017, 03:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The wait continues:-(

Hey all. Just looking for a few partners in commiseration. I ordered my RS7 in middle of December. Finally got it built and shipped to port in Houston...where it has been since 5/1...first for "testing/software updates etc" and now for the most recent side curtain airbag recall for A7/S7/RS7's. Online I can only find that they will start recalling and fixing airbags in the end of June. My dealer can't tell me anything. Customer service says call your dealer. I sure hope my car doesn't sit in port for 2 months awaiting delivery. Anyone else In the same boat? At some point I'll need to negotiate a lower price given the fact that the 2018's will be out soon! Anxiously awaiting my new ride
-dj
Old 06-02-2017, 10:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Did your car complete production after March? I was told vehicles that were produced after March were not affected. If you have your vin, check here: Audi Recall Services by Vehicle Identification Number
Old 06-02-2017, 10:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by gema7
Did your car complete production after March? I was told vehicles that were produced after March were not affected. If you have your vin, check here: Audi Recall Services by Vehicle Identification Number
unfortunately it shows up as needing the airbag. Production was completed 4/3. Thanks for the reply!

dj
Old 06-02-2017, 10:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

That's odd to me though. If vehicles produced after March do not have a problem I assume the issue has a solution. Why wouldn't the vehicles be sent to the dealer and then addressed as necessary
Old 06-02-2017, 04:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by gema7
That's odd to me though. If vehicles produced after March do not have a problem I assume the issue has a solution. Why wouldn't the vehicles be sent to the dealer and then addressed as necessary
My thoughts exactly. Plus, the safety issue addresses people who are unbelted being ejected more easily during a crash. Can't remember the last time I didn't wear my seatbelt. Would like to have my ride now and take the "risk" rather than wait.
Old 07-04-2017, 01:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default And the winner is....

Not sure if anyone is following my saga, but it continues. My airbag recall work was completed on June 29th and apparently the car is now "in transit" to the dealer. I was worried Audi lawyers were gonna make them fix all the 117K+ cars on the road prior to the ones that were to be sold. Fortunately mine was fixed on the first day....I'll believe it when I see it. If all goes well I may actually have a car in a week or two! Had I known It was going to take 6 months to get an RS7....I would have ordered it anyway!
dj
Old 07-04-2017, 01:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I am glad the your new RS7 is on its way to you! Just a few more winks!
Old 07-04-2017, 04:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I keep telling myself not to call/text my rep at Audi, but I can't imagine going all of tomorrow without hounding him a bit!
Old 07-05-2017, 12:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

It will be worth the wait. I can't even begin to tell you how much it will be worth. Every day. ENJOY
Old 07-07-2017, 12:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Djeffr
unfortunately it shows up as needing the airbag. Production was completed 4/3. Thanks for the reply!

dj
damn!, mine shows as needing this recall/fix as well. has anyone brought it in for this? if so, how long does the work take? last thing i wanted to do was leave my car with a stealership.

Quick Reply: The wait continues:-(