RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

:: ECS Tuning :: Bilstein Sport Shocks and Struts for B7 RS4!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 12:00 PM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default :: ECS Tuning :: Bilstein Sport Shocks and Struts for B7 RS4!

When you don't want to settle for less, get the legendary quality of Bilstein shocks.

Designed for the performance minded automotive enthusiast, these Sport Shocks allow an unparalleled level of control. They have been designed for use with either stock or lowering springs or upgraded sway bars, these shocks will take your suspension to a new level of performance.

Great look. Improved performance.

Don't settle for less.

Click HERE to order or for more information

Fits:
Audi B7 RS4 (2006-2008)

Let me know if you have any questions.

Jason
Old 01-17-2014, 05:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 141 Likes on 97 Posts

So, these are new replacement shocks for the RS4? I assume they are not height adjustable and are more suitable with lowering springs like the H&R? I was hoping for shocks like these, but with threaded bodies. Oh well...
Old 01-18-2014, 02:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Nice, an affordable repair for a faulty DRC system. Nothing too fancy, but it's good to see a choice. It appears that the spring perches might be removable, which then could be swapped for the lower B5 perch to drop the front 1/2- 3/4".
Old 01-18-2014, 06:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by ELEVENS
Nice, an affordable repair for a faulty DRC system. Nothing too fancy, but it's good to see a choice. It appears that the spring perches might be removable, which then could be swapped for the lower B5 perch to drop the front 1/2- 3/4".
Are you talking of the bottom or top perch? The top one is not included and you could use the B5's if you'd like.
Old 01-18-2014, 06:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by India Whiskey Charlie
Are you talking of the bottom or top perch? The top one is not included and you could use the B5's if you'd like.
Yes, exactly
Old 01-20-2014, 06:44 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Correct these would be a great replacement. These do require you to disable to DRC if it is still in working condition.

You could get away with running them on stock suspension it just might be slightly stiffer when not matched with a lowering spring but shouldn't be a problem.

As for the B5 perch I want to say that the shock bodies on these are thicker than an OEM shock so a B5 lower spring perch might not fit.

I'm no 100% on this but in most cases guys that do the B5 perch mod are using factory sport shocks. Some one would have to grab a caliper and do some measuring to confirm.

Jason
Old 04-30-2014, 10:52 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ECS Tuning-Audi
Correct these would be a great replacement. These do require you to disable to DRC if it is still in working condition.

You could get away with running them on stock suspension it just might be slightly stiffer when not matched with a lowering spring but shouldn't be a problem.

As for the B5 perch I want to say that the shock bodies on these are thicker than an OEM shock so a B5 lower spring perch might not fit.

I'm no 100% on this but in most cases guys that do the B5 perch mod are using factory sport shocks. Some one would have to grab a caliper and do some measuring to confirm.

Jason

If I am understanding this correctly, these H&R shocks would be a front and rear damper only factory replacement that could be used with the factory springs as long as you remove the DRC stuff, and I could expect a stiffer ride? Stiffer in comparison to what? I would prefer stiff while cornering, similar to how stiff the DRC was while cornering, while accepting the stiffness everywhere else as a trade off. Basically I could care less about comfort and ride height adjustment as long as they are capable in the twisty bits. Are these not for me?
Old 05-01-2014, 06:19 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Originally Posted by uberdasauto
If I am understanding this correctly, these H&R shocks would be a front and rear damper only factory replacement that could be used with the factory springs as long as you remove the DRC stuff, and I could expect a stiffer ride? Stiffer in comparison to what? I would prefer stiff while cornering, similar to how stiff the DRC was while cornering, while accepting the stiffness everywhere else as a trade off. Basically I could care less about comfort and ride height adjustment as long as they are capable in the twisty bits. Are these not for me?
You would be correct with the functionality.

As for ride quality. Have you ever ridden in a vehicle with sport suspension? Or one with coilovers? The ride would be similar to this. From personal experience if you plan on staying at factory ride height performance shocks give a firm planted ride. Not so stiff it will rattle your bones but you definitely know you're in a sports car. The biggest change you'll notice is how the shocks rebound. It will be quick, there's virtually no mushiness. Stock suspension tends to float and level off.

I hope this helps!

Jason
Old 05-01-2014, 08:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by ECS Tuning-Audi
As for ride quality. Have you ever ridden in a vehicle with sport suspension? Or one with coilovers? The ride would be similar to this. From personal experience if you plan on staying at factory ride height performance shocks give a firm planted ride. Not so stiff it will rattle your bones but you definitely know you're in a sports car. The biggest change you'll notice is how the shocks rebound. It will be quick, there's virtually no mushiness. Stock suspension tends to float and level off.
Jason, thanks for this. I am very familiar with Bilstein gas shocks and have used them on many cars in the past. They are also known to raise a car a slight bit. For the rear of my car, that would not be an issue, but my front is already too high and would look better if lowered by about 1/2". Would be great to hear from someone who already has these on their RS4.
Old 05-01-2014, 08:10 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Originally Posted by India Whiskey Charlie
Jason, thanks for this. I am very familiar with Bilstein gas shocks and have used them on many cars in the past. They are also known to raise a car a slight bit. For the rear of my car, that would not be an issue, but my front is already too high and would look better if lowered by about 1/2". Would be great to hear from someone who already has these on their RS4.
No worries. You might also want to try and post over on Audzine. That site get a little more traffic.

Jason

Quick Reply: :: ECS Tuning :: Bilstein Sport Shocks and Struts for B7 RS4!