RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Install Blinder M27

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 06:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Install Blinder M27

Hey guys,

I just ordered a Blinder M27 Laser Jammer to put on the RS4 and I wasn't sure if anyone else had experience with these. I'm going to have the Audi dealer install the unit so I'm not overly concerned about the install, but figured I'd ask to see if anyone has any recommendations or opinions.
Old 02-14-2010, 07:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You realize that according to the Federal Code of Regulations (CFR) that jammers are illegal by the FCC.
Old 02-14-2010, 08:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by RVTS4
You realize that according to the Federal Code of Regulations (CFR) that jammers are illegal by the FCC.
I did some research and it appears that only some states have outlawed laser jammers. Radar jammers, on the other hand, are illegal in all states. Nonetheless, I'm not overly concerned.
Old 02-15-2010, 05:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Here's a link to the laws state by state FYI:

http://www.laser-interceptorusa.com/11201.html
Old 02-15-2010, 06:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Very nice, thanks for the link.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Radar Jammers are illegal on a federal level per the FCC, not laser jammers. Laser in the US is still regulated by the FDA, not the FCC (unless this has recently changed). Individual states have outlawed laser jammers, but is not a federal level FCC statute.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by JibbyOne
Hey guys,

I just ordered a Blinder M27 Laser Jammer to put on the RS4 and I wasn't sure if anyone else had experience with these. I'm going to have the Audi dealer install the unit so I'm not overly concerned about the install, but figured I'd ask to see if anyone has any recommendations or opinions.
I have thought about doing this too, but am not too happy about the idea of having to cut up my grill to do it. Wish there was a better horizontal mounting location SOMEWHERE on the front of the car.

Please post pics when you are done so I can see what you did. Thanks.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Any electronic device sold in the USA must have a FCC ID number on it to be legally sold. Whether it radiates RF energy intentionally (cell phones) or un-intentionally (a computer), there are rules for such devices. Don't beleive me, look at your TV, cell phone, wireless router, pager, radio, computer, printer,radar detector....all of them will have some label, be it very small that has a ID number on it...Lots of junk from China and Asia in general gets in here that have counterfit product FCC ID's stamped on them. Same for CEPT. As for this jammer, let me see a real test by a independent certified lab with a published report to show me that it actually works. So this device is an un-intentional radiator since it has electronics inside it, it still must meet any type of limits for those types of devices.

Last edited by RVTS4; 02-15-2010 at 09:01 AM.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Any electronic device sold in the USA must have a FCC ID number on it to be legally sold. Whether it radiates RF energy intentionally (cell phones) or un-intentionally (a computer), there are rules for such devices. Don't beleive me, look at your TV, cell phone, wireless router, pager, radio, computer, printer,radar detector....all of them will have some label, be it very small that has a ID number on it...Lots of junk from China and Asia in general gets in here that have counterfit product FCC ID's stamped on them. Same for CEPT. As for this jammer, let me see a real test by a independent certified lab with a published report to show me that it actually works. So this device is an un-intentional radiator since it has electronics inside it, it still must meet any type of limits for those types of devices.
You might be right, I'm not sure to be honest with you but I appreciate the opinion nonetheless. The more important legality for me is the potential for the police officer to give me a ticket for possessing the unit, not the FCC, etc. I just sent the install guide to my friend at the Audi dealership and he's going to show a tech to see if there is a location to effectively mount the unit without cutting the mesh. If there is no such location I may just send it back.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by JibbyOne
You might be right, I'm not sure to be honest with you but I appreciate the opinion nonetheless. The more important legality for me is the potential for the police officer to give me a ticket for possessing the unit, not the FCC, etc. I just sent the install guide to my friend at the Audi dealership and he's going to show a tech to see if there is a location to effectively mount the unit without cutting the mesh. If there is no such location I may just send it back.
Please keep us posted on what you find out. I had thought about the three front slats but realized that this is probably too low a location. The other option I thought about was getting the M47 and putting all 4 transponders in front, but behind the mesh to compensate for the presence of the mesh. Don't know if this would be effective. Anyone???

Quick Reply: Install Blinder M27