RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Optional Packages...

Old 08-13-2009, 04:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Optional Packages...

Hi everyone. I am obviously a newbie here. I have owned and driven bmws for the past 9 years. I am currently very close to finalizing the purchase of an 07 RS4. To say the least, I am very excited. My question is:

The current owner said that the car has the titanium package and premium package. When I looked up titanium pkg, it said blacked out grills and window trims. But on his ride, the window trims and grill is accented with chrome(?). The interior has the CF finish, instead of the piano black wood that I thought the titanium pkg came with. Please advise. Thank you.

Secondly, after having the vin # checked, there was also the Audi Care pkg. What exactly does that mean? Sorry if these questions are obvious. Thank you so much.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:28 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

One could still change some of the options ordered on the cars. Audi care was the warranty package that goes longer than a year.
Old 08-13-2009, 06:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Reggie
One could still change some of the options ordered on the cars. Audi care was the warranty package that goes longer than a year.
Thank you. What exactly does the Audi Care cover and for how long?
Old 08-13-2009, 07:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

The Ti package was for 08 models, a little tweak at the end of life to aid sales. It also had the darker wheels and side mirrors. Sounds to me like the one you're looking at certainly is not the Ti package.
The RS4s pretty much all came over with premium, then a bunch of Ti and exclusives at the end of life.
Warranty is 4yrs/50k I believe without looking.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by GotRS?
The Ti package was for 08 models, a little tweak at the end of life to aid sales. It also had the darker wheels and side mirrors. Sounds to me like the one you're looking at certainly is not the Ti package.
The RS4s pretty much all came over with premium, then a bunch of Ti and exclusives at the end of life.
Warranty is 4yrs/50k I believe without looking.
Thank you. That's what I thought about the Ti package. But the seller insist that his has the Ti pkg and premium pkg. It's not a deal breaker for me, but I just wanted to know for sure...price negotiating . I was hoping the vin# would provide that information, but it didn't. I did find out that it has the Audi Care though...which is more important to me anyways than the Ti pkg.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Audi Care adds the maintenance & service from Audi. Oil changes and check ups, etc.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Ti package will have the grey mirrors and wheels. Non-Ti have silver wheels and mirrors. The wheels are easy to change, but not the mirrors.

Audi care includes routine maintenance (oil changes). Regular coverage does not include service.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

so Audi care was just oil changes or every other maintenance item for the 4y/50k miles? (I guess like BMW does nowdays)
Old 08-14-2009, 11:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 141 Likes on 97 Posts

Audi Care Info Here: http://www.audiusa.com/us/brand/en/o...audi_care.html
Old 08-14-2009, 12:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Viken B.
Thanks!

Is Audi Care Pkg transferrable from the new owner to the second owner? I was told "yes" but the source was not 100%.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Optional Packages...