RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Titanium Package

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 06:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Titanium Package

I have an opportunity to buy a 2008 Mugello Blue with Titanium package that is still under warranty.

How many RS4 came with the titanium package?

Do you think that this will make the car retain its value better?

What do you think is the right price for this car if it clean w/ no accidents?

Thanks,
Steve
Old 09-28-2011, 06:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by swesna
No, not necessarily.

End of the day an RS4 is an RS4. Things like age, condition and mileage will be the overbearing factors that determine price. Options, particularly the Titanium Package, are personal choice. Some potential buyers will like be attracted to a car with this option, others may be turned off by it. In any event, it's at the margin.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

2nd...
Old 09-28-2011, 06:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

I thought they all had it lol
Old 09-29-2011, 03:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Well all I am waiting on is the dealer to get the title and then send them the rest of the money.

My current car is a 2000 Corvette convertible 6-spd. I think the only thing better about the Corvette compared to the RS4 will be the gas mileage.

Does anyone think I will miss the Corvette once I get behind the wheel of the Mugello Blue 2008 RS4 w/ Titanium package?

Also, I have never even driven an Audi or any German made car before...but I have a feeling I will like it.

One of the reasons why I am getting the RS4 is to make it easier to drive my baby to daycare. I think she will enjoy the ride.

Steve
Old 09-29-2011, 05:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Well all I am waiting on is the dealer to get the title and then send them the rest of the money.

My current car is a 2000 Corvette convertible 6-spd. I think the only thing better about the Corvette compared to the RS4 will be the gas mileage.

Does anyone think I will miss the Corvette once I get behind the wheel of the Mugello Blue 2008 RS4 w/ Titanium package?

Also, I have never even driven an Audi or any German made car before...but I have a feeling I will like it.

One of the reasons why I am getting the RS4 is to make it easier to drive my baby to daycare. I think she will enjoy the ride.

Steve
Whoa you're in for a real treat! The handling of any audi quattro is unbelievable..now the RS4 is unexplainable...it has all of the best in one car..and yes you have a backseat for your baby...that's why I got one too..I wanted a S5 (which is a newer coupe audi) but the lack of not having a sunroof that actually opens and the practicality of having 4 doors for my 4 year old son and cheaper insurance just sealed the deal for me! Plus the RS4 is so RARE! I literally get people hailing me everyday on the highway..no joke!!! I love having something that not a lot of people have seen before! Enjoy! Just get that carbon clean done! See if you can even negotiate it as part of your deal about $800-$1200 at any aftermarket shop..
Old 09-30-2011, 10:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I own both a 2008 RS4 and a 2002 Z06. Hands down without question my Z06 is faster in a straight line and would annihilate my RS4 on the track. Your Corvette is probably 400 lbs lighter, and has a substantial lead in torque especially at lower RPM.

Will you miss your Corvette, maybe a little they are very different cars. It is substantially less expensive to modify a Corvette to make it faster than the RS4. But the RS4 (gas mileage aside) its enormously more practical yet will still perform very well.

Coming from a 2000 Corvette, the driving experience will be very different. Here are few observations:
1. The RS4 has a much, much more sensitive throttle.
2. The interior on the RS4, enough said.
3. Lots of RS4 owners bitch about the Bose system in their cars, but it is so far above the Bose system in the C5 Corvette, the Corvettes OEM stereo should be badged by Kraco.
4. I find it fairly easy to drive both my Corvette and my RS4 normal (just driving around) and at WOT, however the RS4 is a little touchy with the partial throttle 5-6k romps due to clutch actuation, rubbery shifter and what appears to be drivetrain backlash.
5. The RS4's shifter (with an aftermarket SSK) feals like a rubbery thing normally saved for bedroom antics in comparison to a C5 corvette shifter (with an aftermarket SSK).
6. I can't fit both my kids in the Corvette.
7. Most of friends get the RS4, most of them don't 'get' the Corvette.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Interesting points. I would have to think the RS4 sounds better at idle than my 2000 Corvette. During my first test drive of a Corvette I could not believe how quiet it was, almost boring.

I do really think it feels nice when sitting in an RS4. The seats are very comfortable but like I said I have never driven one. It seems like it will be a different feel using that shifter as opposed to the Corvette's.

I would hope the RS4 is quicker than my stock 2000 Corvette. But even if it is not I believe I will enjoy it more or at least I hope or I will have wasted my money.

Thanks for the feedback.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I am installing a GMG Catback on my RS4 because it sounds too tame for my taste, but then again my Z06 has longtubes, hi-flow cats and until recently a B&B catback that bypassed the mufflers at WOT.

The seats in the RS4 are so much better than the OEM seats in the Corvette, that's a no brainer.

In terms of whether the RS4 will feel faster... is your Corvette stock? If so its putting down around <300rwhp and it weighs approx. 3400 lbs. An RS4 (with carbon clean) should be putting down 330-340 rwhp and weighs >3700 lbs. I'd estimate that they feel pretty similar. The RS4 will put it down better out of the hole though.
Old 10-01-2011, 04:26 PM
Banned

I have an opportunity to buy a 2008 Mugello Blue with Titanium package that is still under warranty.

How many RS4 came with the titanium package?

What do you think is the right price for this car if it clean w/ no accidents?

Thanks,
Steve
mugello + titanium looks great. that car is priced reasonably (the rochester one?) if it's CPO...a bit expensive if it's not.

Quick Reply: Titanium Package