S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

.:Eurocode Tuning:. Group Buy on our Meisterwerk Adjustable Short Throw Shifter

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 06:26 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default .:Eurocode Tuning:. Group Buy on our Meisterwerk Adjustable Short Throw Shifter

Group Buy is: CLOSED

Terms of the Group Buy
  • Runs Jun 28, 2012 thru Jul 31, 2012
  • Limited to 60 sets
  • All orders must be paid in full before the group buy will ship
  • $320.00 deposit required to join the group buy (if we do not reach the maximum discount, you will be billed the difference)
  • Orders outside of the USA will need to call us at 310-294-8108 to place a deposit
  • We will only ship to the billing address on your credit card

Pricing
  • Retail $420.00
  • 1-5 $399.00
  • 6-15 $380.00
  • 16-29 $360.00
  • 30-49 $350.00
  • 50-60 $320.00

List of Group Buy Participants

1. Russtty PAID
2. helix139 PAID
3. kwdbc PAID
4. dave329 PAID
5. dpncos PAID
6. Dan_Q PAID
7. mikejsully PAID
8. yas PAID
9. EHesh14 PAID
10 philips2024 PAID
11. motorboatingsob PAID
12. drewpydog PAID
13. Barrelman17 PAID
14. Limey
15. inout PAID
16. phanker PAID
17. TofuShop
18. jordancl
19. Not A Good Idea PAID
20. petrashevsky PAID
21. FatalBert PAID
22. nevetS4 PAID
23. nevetS4 PAID
24. DopeAudi13 PAID
25. xcellr8tion PAID
26. Stereodude PAID
27. dusts4 PAID
28. RunS4Run PAID
29. its_ikon PAID
30. glsvr6pwr PAID
31. acjetpilot PAID
32. youS4 PAID
33. AJ1001 PAID
34. reggiedavid PAID
35. EnglishBay PAID
36. Soultrain PAID
37. DavidD PAID
38. BillyG PAID
39. Dubber4life PAID
40. jasuarez PAID
41. trirunner_B8 PAID
42. Foogle PAID
43. AofC_RR PAID
44. kiznarsh PAID
45. polarbear PAID
46. Newgrad11 PAID
47. proman PAID
48. Brianthms11 PAID

EuroCode Tuning 2009-2013 Audi A4/S4, A5/S5 (B8 Chassis) Meisterwerk Adjustable Short Throw Shifter

The Ultimate 2009-2013+ B8 Chassis Full Replacement Short Shifter

Are you looking to improve the shift feel of your B8 Chassis Audi A4/S4, A5/S5? EuroCode Tuning’s Meisterwerk Adjustable Short Throw Shifter offers up to a 42% throw reduction and up to a 38mm height reduction, using a unique billet aluminum modular assembly. The result is a precise accurate shift feel that communicates directly with the driver.

The idea to build a short shifter assembly started out as a replacement for the OEM shifter, which had a minor height reduction, and a fixed throw reduction, which made it similar to virtually every short shifter manufactured in the past. When the engineering team at EuroCode dove into their 2009 A4 and 2010 S4, they noticed that the factory shift assembly had a considerable amount of play and that there existed a huge room for improvement.

Upon analysis of the OEM shifter assembly, EuroCode engineers noticed that a great portion of the “play” was due to the plastic shaft of the shifter. We noticed how the unit flexed considerably during aggressive shifting. As a result of this, the team decided to completely redesign the shifter assembly.

Both adjustability and longevity became the focus of EuroCode’s design, the key points being that we wanted a shifter that has both height adjustment and multiple adjustments for throw reduction. Billet aluminum is the material used for the core of EuroCode’s ASTS; this material is used for its light weight, as well as its ability to be machined to exact tolerances. To extend the service life of the product, Delrin® and Bronzoil bushings were added to key pivot points; moreover, the reverse catch is made out of Delrin® to reduce the damage to the factory shifter housing in its relation with the steel shifter body. Each and every wear item is replaceable and the ASTS carries a limited lifetime warranty.

After careful analysis, the EuroCode design team decided that quite a bit more precision could be achieved by replacing the factory plastic ball joint with a sealed spherical bearing. In order to accomplish this task the team chose a custom made sealed bearing assembly. The assembly comes pre-lubricated for ease of installation. Billet aluminum was once again chosen as the material for the bearing race. To carry the design even further, the Meisterwerk ASTS can also accept the OEM plastic ball joint for customers that would like the flexibility of height and throw adjustment, without the precision feel that is offered using the sealed bearing and billet race. The factory reverse spring lock assembly which has not shown any defects in its design, or function is transferred from the factory unit to the Meisterwerk ASTS.

Although development began in May of 2009, the pursuit of perfection outweighed any desire in being the first product in the market. Multiple revisions to the design and materials process has created the pinnacle of short throw shifters, while yet retaining its affordability. Each and every component of the Meisterwerk ASTS is designed, sourced and manufactured in the USA. All of our machining is completed in Southern California right besides aerospace components contracted by Boeing.

Features of the Meisterwerk Adjustable Short Throw Shifter:
  • CNC machined, lightweight build, red anodized billet aluminum main body assembly (precise to ±.005").
  • CNC machined, replaceable Delrin® bushings and reverse catch (precise to ± .005").
  • Bronzoil, replaceable self lubricating bearings for the throw pivot.
  • Black oxide coated steel shift rod, 38mm of height adjustment (achieved w/out removal), machined to fit the OEM shift ****.
  • Three adjustment points for the throw, overall reduction of up to 42% from the OEM shifter assembly.
  • Sealed spherical bearing assembly, pre-lubricated for ease of installation.
  • CNC machined, lightweight build, red anodized billet aluminum bearing race (precise to ±.005").
  • Optional retention of the OEM plastic ball joint and ball socket.

The combination of the Meisterwerk Adjustable Short Throw Shifter Assembly using the spherical bearing, and aluminum race has resulted in a shifter that displays incredible precision, accuracy, driver feedback and smoothness.

Customer Testimonials

Originally Posted by ENV˛
EuroCode Short Throw Shifter Review. I think it’s called Meisterwerk because that is what is beautifully stamped on the part.

I opened the box and set my eyes and hands upon the most beautiful piece of machined metal I have seen since the Alu Kreuz. It looked fully engineered from the ground up and I honestly wanted to order another one to use as a display. The guys at the shop all couldn’t believe how well made and solid this thing was and it truly looks like something that went through more hours of R&D than a part that retails over 5-6x more (ahem, all the exhausts...). I thought to myself "Hmm this thing is too beautiful to function perfectly" Because we all know in the world of aftermarket parts we sacrifice some function>form or form>function. EuroCode has been a company that has smashed this stereotype time and time again and this time they did it like all the other times... PERFECTLY!

Let me begin by saying that this shifter is much more advanced than the current offerings. The installation requires some work under the car but at the same time the installation is not hard. It is time consuming and you may need an extra person to make life easier but pretty simple job. I am guessing that it will probably be around 3 hours of labor or so at most shops with a good lift. I know some people will try to do it on drive-up ramps and that may add a little time to the install but it’s all worth it in the end.

YOU WILL NEED PARTS FROM YOUR STOCK SHIFTER! So if you are taking it to a shop and have a different STS in there bring your stock one with you!

Back to my experience:

I got it installed at Eurotech Motorsports in Mahwah (only shop I let touch my car outside of myself). Ryan did most of the installation and then Danek helped at the alignment part. Let me just say this. The alignment part for this shifter does not require an inclinometer; you just hold the shifter dead center while someone underneath tightens up the necessary bolts. After it was tightened we had Danek shift it around a bit to make sure it was good and not rubbing the heat shields. All we heard from above was "Holy ****!" and "Wow man wow".

We lowered the car and before assembling the dash I shifted it a couple of times...

Disclaimer: Keep in mind I set it to shortest throw and shortest height.

Disclaimer #2: I am not affiliated nor do I get paid by EuroCode to write any reviews. I just want people to know what they are getting into. I am a man who appreciates the best of the best things and I buy them when I have some extra income and if they are good I say so but when they are great I have to tell everyone about it!

HOLY ****! Let me tell you my mind automatically flashed back to me shifting the gated shifter on a display R8 in the Audi Forum in Manhattan and also driving an S2K for the first time. I always thought the S2K had the perfect factory shift linkage feeling in the world. This EuroCode Meisterwerk completely crushed that thought for me. We put everything back together and took it for a spin.

On a 1-10 Scale (1 being worst, 10 being beyond outstanding)

Workmanship
: 10/10 This thing is one of the most beautiful and functional pieces I have ever seen. It makes the stock OEM piece we have in our cars truly look like it was designed by some 3 year old donkey.

Shifts: 10/10 This thing clicks into place perfectly!! There is ZERO/ZILCH/NONE/NADA/NO slop in any gear at all!! It feels like the automotive gods came down and forged a piece of metal that would make us the new envy of all other car enthusiasts! I have never felt a better feeling shifter in my life! When you feel it for the first time, you will be in shock (that’s what she said)

Height: 10/10 on the shortest setting it is nice and low. The boot has a lot more slack but not to the point where it is too excessive. I really like where it sits and it is not uncomfortable at all. Some of you guys who don’t want a very short shift height you have 2 more adjustments you can make and the middle one sits nicely as well!

Throw 10/10: The throws are like a light switch short. It is unbelievable how short the throw is without making you feel like it’s too short. I can't explain it in words but it’s outstanding. For those of you that have driven an S2000 it is very similar.

At the end of the day all I can say is THANK YOU to EuroCode for really doing the right thing for us B8 guys and I hope you never stop making parts for this car! I truly have to say that every part of yours that I have was completely worth the money and more. You guys go above and beyond for us! It’s because of you and your parts that I didn’t trade out of my car. You made me fall in love with this car. I wasn’t 100% happy with it at first being honest until I bought the Alu Kreuz and USS system I was on the verge of trading out. And now with the shifter all I need are the headers! SPONSOR ME hahaha

A special Thanks to Dave@Eurocode for being a great guy and shipping this out as soon as he could, being helpful the entire time! Dave you came through for all of us. Thanks again and that T-shirt is great!

Another special thanks to the guys at Eurotech!! You guys came through as always and even when we ran into a snag you went above and beyond! SO thanks to Danek, Ryan, Keith, Florian and James!! Anyone in the surrounding area that needs work on their cars I highly recommend you go see them. I will be reviewing their new offering (Piano black trim) and all I can say is quality comes before quantity with these guys!

Now time to get faster with the clutch pedal! [drive]
Originally Posted by pyoo189
Hey AZ members !
So this morning I went to Eurocode Tuning to pick up/install the very first Eurocode's short shifter. Well the first expression was wow. The shifter is awesome ! Its very solid and smooth. I've driven many other cars with short shifter but they NEVER felt like this one. On my B8 A4 I always had problem on 2nd gear to 3rd gear but after this shifter installed it was no problem. When I first drove the car the shifting was amazing ![drool] I'm so glad I got this installed. I've been waiting for MONTHS.[=(] I am so glad and honor that Eurocode let me have the very first Eurocode Short-Shifter. IMO I think everyone who owns B8's should get this shifter. I will guarantee that you will not regret purchasing it.[wrench] THANK YOU SO MUCH Eurocode for this awesome Short-Shifter.
Product Images

Product Videos

http://youtu.be/pqu-sSAX3S4?hd=1 http://youtu.be/ONfzk4lp_Vk?hd=1

Last edited by info@ecodetuning; 07-31-2012 at 03:36 PM.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Only 60 sets?!

IN and PAID.

Last edited by FatalBert; 06-29-2012 at 10:52 AM.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

WOW! Nice work EC... If my S4 was a manual I would be in... Thanks for all the efforts in supporting development of products for our cars... later Ron
Old 06-29-2012, 10:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I'm in and my JHM will be going up for sale afterwards.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'm in! Paid fellas. Can't wait!
Old 06-30-2012, 08:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

It's up to 46 now on AZ...if you want in, you better hurry
Old 07-02-2012, 07:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Install

Fellas, normally I would install this myself but was wondering if anyone knows of any reputable shops in the Austin, TX for DFW area that could do this type of work for me at a reasonable price. I figure it would take me 3 hours so a professional could probably do it in 2 hours or less.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

How long is this open until? I am in the middle of shopping S4's and leaning toward the MT.
Old 07-03-2012, 04:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

It's open until the last 6 spots get filled.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Heard great things about this short shift kit - is this still open? When will the next one be open?