S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

As yet another BBB ****storm ensues, I think that while many dislike him, his core points are valid-

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 04:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default As yet another BBB ****storm ensues, I think that while many dislike him, his core points are valid-

He posts his times, traps, and videos to back it up. His car is gutted, but he doesn't deny it. He might come across as a dick to most people, and I think he could present his points in a better fashion. However, you can't deny his arguments:

1) EPL's dyno numbers are high relative to other mustang dynos.

2) As a result of this the cars, while very fast, are not as fast as the numbers would lead you to believe (DAP's car)

3) We still have no real world (FATS, drags, highway runs, etc.) results from these Autospeed megabuck cars to prove they are worth the $$ over a standard well-sorted K04 car.

If someone would just finally run one of these autospeed cars at the strip, or on video against a K04 car, I think it'd finally tell the story. Personally, I'd like to see some real world results rather than dyno d*ck waving.

I also have gotten feedback from someone whose opinion I value and trust that has personally driven an Autospeed GT car. That feedback can be summed up in 1 sentence. Very smooth, great driveability, but no faster than a properly set-up K04 car. Of course the owner told this person that the car "was not finished tuning"....LOL!
Old 07-13-2006, 04:38 AM
Audiworld Sponsor

Default No one argues that EPL's dyno reads higher than other Mustangs...

But when BBB says that EPL alters the dyno results to make customers happy, he is full of ****.

BBB is as abrasive and argumentative in person as he is online and I feel sorry for anyone who deals with him regularly. I think AWE made a big mistake associating themselves with him regardless of how fast his car is.

-Dave Pramanik
Old 07-13-2006, 04:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I agree with your statements here, Dave.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:17 AM

Default I know "Butt Dyno's" are stupid and unreliable, but I have been in both a

Stage 3 AWE car that minutes before put down 407whp @ AWE (Kopork's car). It was fast, very fast. I also was able to get a ride in Niko's GT25 car. It too was fast, very fast. The GT car was hitting full boost by 3200-3500rpms (Very much like a K04 car) and it pulled like a bear until red-line. The first and major difference that I noticed was the GT car just ran out of gears like nobodies business. It was simply smooth as silk.

All of the Stage 3 cars I've been in still fall on their faces when getting into high rpms in 4th, 5th, and 6th, but not nearly as bad as K03's obviously. The GT's don't. I too am very curious to see a GT car on the track or on the same dyno as a K04 car. Same day, etc.

I truly believe that the GT cars will hold their own, and give any K04 car a run for their money, or walk them.

Again, this is useless butt dyno info, nothing more.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default EPL's Mustang Dyno is adjusted to Mustang specifications. I have heard that others set up there Dyno

based on variables they have calculated to be be more accurate, however that was done. FATS appear to be a much better constant of performance but IMO that data is too narrow. Highway runs and drag strip times count on "exactly" similar drives so there again is too much room for error. It looks difficult to get a true apple to apple comparison that is true and constant and that we would ALL agree on.
MarkP posted his info from his car on different Dyno's, I found that to be a good read. Thats what make this so interesting!!
I should add that I don't agree my HP numbers are as high as they tested on EPL's Dyno.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I think this is the longest reply i've seen you give

Old 07-13-2006, 05:49 AM

Someone must have been in my office when I was outside wasting company time ;p
Old 07-13-2006, 05:51 AM
Banned

Default Question...who is this person who drove a ASP GT car? Was it Niko's, because it wasn't mine...

unless I am not aware of something.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

2nd
Old 07-13-2006, 05:54 AM

It wasn't Niko's either.

Quick Reply: As yet another BBB ****storm ensues, I think that while many dislike him, his core points are valid-