S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

My Bigger Rear Spolier - pics

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 08:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My Bigger Rear Spolier - pics

I've been asked by a couple of members about the bigger rear spolier listed on my mods signature. So here it is, it's an eBay auction from Taiwan. I've purchased two rear spoilers now from these guys and they both have been a great fit and good color match. Pics below and eBay seller in case anyone is interested. Spoiler arrived much sooner than the expected arrival time shown on the auction. I also added a couple of pics of my black wraped slats on my front grille.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Painted-Audi-A6-C7-D-Type-Boot-Trunk-Spoiler-12-13-/221250150947?ViewItem=&vxp=mtr&item=221250150947&nma=true&si=ZInnO4dclB7iT%252BIkO89RHlgAErs%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557#ht_7536wt_1328
Attached Images     
Old 08-07-2013, 03:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome! I've been looking for an extended spoiler and this one looks great!

Did you have to remove the OEM lip to install this one? If so, how did you remove the OEM?

*edit, I now see the Carbon Fiber option. I think that would look nice on my Estoril Blue! I think I would need a few more pcs to do CF, or else it would look out of place. Like a rear diffuser, and maybe a front extended lip? :-)

Last edited by ///M Traitor; 08-07-2013 at 03:12 PM.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ///M Traitor

Did you have to remove the OEM lip to install this one? If so, how did you remove the OEM?

*edit, I now see the Carbon Fiber option. I think that would look nice on my Estoril Blue! I think I would need a few more pcs to do CF, or else it would look out of place. Like a rear diffuser, and maybe a front extended lip? :-)
Yeah, I had to remove the stock lip. It was easy. I started with dental floss on one end, once I had about 3" lifted off the rest came off by just pulling gently. A little goo gone after that and it was ready to install. The fit was perfect.

IMO the stock lip was just a bit wimpy for this car. I felt the same way about the stock one on my E60 M5, so I changed that one too. I didn't want something that didn't look oem and I think this one is a good balance.

I agree with you. If you go CF you need other pieces to pull it together, if not it'll look out if place.

You'll need to find your color code in the spare tire compartment. They'll match that.

Good luck.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by ///M Traitor

Exactly my thoughts! Carbon fiber would be sweet! Let us know if you find a diffuser that works or a front lip.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Awesome! Thanks for sharing your pictures. That is a definite upgrade.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks. It looks like it came on the car. It has the contour lines of the trunk and it looks more aggresive and a bit beefire on the back. As a bonus, it give you a little ledge to pull down on when closing the trunk. I know I should pull on the interior recess to close the trunk, but my trunk requires a hard shut, so I have to slam it on the S6.

For $124 painted and delivered - it's a no brainer!

The stock spoiler pulls off undamaged, so with some cleaning and fresh 3M double sided tape it can easily be re-installed or sold.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by S6Express
Thanks. It looks like it came on the car. It has the contour lines of the trunk and it looks more aggresive and a bit beefire on the back. As a bonus, it give you a little ledge to pull down on when closing the trunk. I know I should pull on the interior recess to close the trunk, but my trunk requires a hard shut, so I have to slam it on the S6.

For $124 painted and delivered - it's a no brainer!

The stock spoiler pulls off undamaged, so with some cleaning and fresh 3M double sided tape it can easily be re-installed or sold.
A few more questions..

- How long did it take from order to receipt?
- Does the thickness of the double sided tape cause it to leave any gaps between the lid and the spoiler and any chance of dirt getting underneath and harming the lid paint?
- Did you remove any wax before install?
- How close was the paint match?
- Do you have a photo that shows the full car from the rear quarter? (Trying to get an idea of how it looks overall).
- Does the car go any faster?

Thanks!
Old 08-08-2013, 06:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
A few more questions..

- How long did it take from order to receipt?
- Does the thickness of the double sided tape cause it to leave any gaps between the lid and the spoiler and any chance of dirt getting underneath and harming the lid paint?
- Did you remove any wax before install?
- How close was the paint match?
- Do you have a photo that shows the full car from the rear quarter? (Trying to get an idea of how it looks overall).
- Does the car go any faster?

Thanks!
*Took about two weeks to my door via FedEx.
*The double sided tape seems as thin as the stock tape, but there is a slight gap, not sure it's any different than the stock gap. It actually comes with two strips of tape. One for the top of the trunk and one for the rear. I first pulled off the rear strip to ensure it countoured around the natural curvature of the trunk, then once it was secure I pulled off the top tape while putting pressure down on the top of the spoiler. I did it myself and it came out perfectly even all the way around, but it may be best to enlist a friend. I'll post a picture
*I used Goo-gone to remove the tape residue. Once the surface was clean, the spoiler comes with an alcohol wipe to remove any other dirt. After swabbing it with the alcohol pad I touched it and it felt ready. Not sure if it removed the wax, but it felt dry and waxless before adhering the new spoiler. Once I had it on I rewaxed everything the next day.
*The color match looks perfect in some light and a little off in other lights/shadows. Honestly, I think this is just how white is. The angle and light makes it look different. I also think I'm looking for differences because I know it's aftermarket. I don't think anyone will ever say, "hey, that spoiler looks like a different shade of white". They'll never notice it unless I ask them to nit-pick. Whites and silvers are probably the toughest to match, so I'm happy with the color. The eBay seller knew the Audi code for Ibis White, it was one of the ones listed on his site, I just had to confirm it myself.
*I'll send a picture shortly of the car from the rear. It honestly looks stock.
*The eBay auction claims 8HP for this mod, but my butt-dyno tells me it's more like 9HP. Bonus!
Old 08-08-2013, 06:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Here are the pics Snagitseven. BTW, I'm a fan of all space/rocket stuff, hence the shuttle license plate.

The photo with my finger is upside-down, but you get the picture...
Attached Images    
Old 08-08-2013, 06:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default The one I really wanted

Actually, this is the look I was really going for, but the eBay seller is out of business:
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: My Bigger Rear Spolier - pics