S7 Discussion forum for the Audi S7

2018 S7

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 06:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2018 S7

Does anyone have any info on the upcoming S7 model? I put down a deposit for a 2017 Suzuka Gray/Saddle Brown S7. Much of my reason for doing so was that I saw the design changes taking place in the other model lines and just wasn't a fan. I took some time to research what I thought was the upcoming model (pictures of the wrapped vehicle/sketches etc) and was not a fan of what I saw in that regard either. Anywho, I jumped the gun and put down the deposit. Well through discussion on the forum, I was informed that the new model design would not be making its way here quite yet and that the design would stay the same for 2018. Cool. Not a problem. I assume there will be little to no changes as far as features between 2017/2018. Between 16/17 I think the only additional feature was apple car play so I anticipate something along those lines being the case for 17/18 which to me is minuscule.

But here's the issue, again, the reason I jumped on placing an order was because I thought the design was going to change. My SA told me the window for placing an exclusive order on an S7 was small, so if I was going to do it, the sooner the better cause they had an allocation to place such an order. Well it been about a solid month and a half, and despite allocation having originally been set for February 18th, to date, there have been no updates. According to my SA, the hold up is the fact that items (Suzuka gray paint & Saddle Brown leather I assume) have not yet reached supply chain. Totally understandable. But at this point, I'm thinking if I'm going to be waiting another month or so before I even get an official allocation/build-out date, maybe I should just hold of for an 18 model? I'd really only consider this if there is just some critical feature that will be made available on the 18 model. Again, I assume it won't be anything major but figured I'd reach out on the forums in case anyone has any info.

Last edited by gema7; 03-01-2017 at 06:25 PM.
Old 03-10-2017, 06:05 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I've been researching this car and based on what information is out there, I believe the new S7 will probably have the same engine as the RS5, which is related, I think, to the Porsche Panamera 4S, a 2.9 liter V6tt at nearly 450 HP.

Disclaimer: I'm not an Audi owner, but I am interested in this car or the new A8 4.0t. Something I'll get lease end next year.
Old 03-10-2017, 07:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yeah, I've been hearing a lot about this 2.9L V6. While it's great to hear the HP input will be the same, I wonder whether the exhaust note will change at all. And assuming it's a v6, I assume the gas mileage would be better?
Old 03-11-2017, 04:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Sorry this is Bambler. I created that account without realizing (and forgetting) that I created this account when I was considering this car prior to my current lease.

In any case, yes I would presume so that the reason for the change is partly due to gas mileage and to maybe make the RS7 more exclusive since if will retain the V8.

I would personally prefer that the V8 remains in the S7, so I guess if you really want that engine, this is the last year to do so.

In any case, can't wait until my lease ends. I'm definitely jumping into this or the A8 4.0, leaning more towards this, but we'll see. I regret not getting this to begin with quite frankly, but I'm not about to try and early terminate my current lease.

Also, I would imagine the A7 base engine will be that 354 HP single twin-scroll turbo V6 with reverse-flow headers found in the S4.

That's one thing I like about Audi is that the performance engine of one model is the base engine of another, etc.
Old 03-12-2017, 12:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 490 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by gema7
Yeah, I've been hearing a lot about this 2.9L V6. While it's great to hear the HP input will be the same, I wonder whether the exhaust note will change at all. And assuming it's a v6, I assume the gas mileage would be better?
Yes and yes. More low down torque, and lower weight. But a V8 sound and character can't be replicated, sadly. But then there will be an RS7 for that.
Old 03-12-2017, 12:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 490 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by Frenetic
Sorry this is Bambler. I created that account without realizing (and forgetting) that I created this account when I was considering this car prior to my current lease.

In any case, yes I would presume so that the reason for the change is partly due to gas mileage and to maybe make the RS7 more exclusive since if will retain the V8.

I would personally prefer that the V8 remains in the S7, so I guess if you really want that engine, this is the last year to do so.

In any case, can't wait until my lease ends. I'm definitely jumping into this or the A8 4.0, leaning more towards this, but we'll see. I regret not getting this to begin with quite frankly, but I'm not about to try and early terminate my current lease.

Also, I would imagine the A7 base engine will be that 354 HP single twin-scroll turbo V6 with reverse-flow headers found in the S4.

That's one thing I like about Audi is that the performance engine of one model is the base engine of another, etc.
Maybe, but the 3.0 single turbo KoVoMo version in the Panamera 4 is 325hp, so they may use this one. Hard to say this far out, and these are minor tuning adjustments to suit transmissions and economy figures anyway. Audi do seem to have these engines turned up a bit more than Porsche - ZF PDK vs ZF 8HP?