Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2018, 12:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

in regards to ACESWILD, end of january estimate
Old 11-14-2018, 01:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yeah - something isn't right. Other dealers are taking deposits on the '18 S^ models that have been collecting dust on the lot since June. Their expectation is parts will arrive by end of Nov. The January dealer informed me "The parts are still on order, there is no definitive date as to when the recall will be performed. Audi will issue a written notice on corporate letterhead updating anything to do with the recall. These Audi dealerships are taking deposits to get the clients "off the street."

Will see how this plays out . . .
Old 11-14-2018, 01:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by Aceswild
Yeah - something isn't right. Other dealers are taking deposits on the '18 S^ models that have been collecting dust on the lot since June. Their expectation is parts will arrive by end of Nov. The January dealer informed me "The parts are still on order, there is no definitive date as to when the recall will be performed. Audi will issue a written notice on corporate letterhead updating anything to do with the recall. These Audi dealerships are taking deposits to get the clients "off the street."

Will see how this plays out . . .
This is from Audi in the memo I received

"See below regarding seat PODs on A6/A7. Please keep this in mind as your schedule the shop.

· The repair procedure will be available on or about 11/20/18.

· Allocation of parts are planned to begin late this week / early next week.

· Allocation looks to be in good shape which should allow dealers to repair both customer owned and dealer owned vehicles at launch.

· Dealers will also repair incoming vehicles from the port.

· Look for a part allocation file from me later this week."
Old 11-14-2018, 01:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Good intel SCarGuy - thanks. Does this memo also apply to S6/S7 or is there a different POD because of the different seats?
Old 11-14-2018, 02:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Aceswild
Good intel SCarGuy - thanks. Does this memo also apply to S6/S7 or is there a different POD because of the different seats?
I don't know the part #'s, as I'm not on the service side of things, sorry. It wouldn't surprise me if it's the same part # for all the vehicles though
Old 11-16-2018, 04:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default latest intel

Yo guys, I spoke to my Audi contact today regarding my incoming 2018 S7, here’s what she said:

I confirmed with my GM today that the parts will be in next week. The car will be released from the port the moment the parts are at the dealership (they can’t release it from the port until the recall fix is announced publicly) the moment that happens, we will get the car released which will can take anywhere up to 3 days to arrive at the dealership, once here we can have the part installed and ready for pick up the same day
Old 11-16-2018, 04:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Awesome you will finally get your new ride, remember to post pics for the rest of us. Last time I was in for service, last month, my service advisor thought a new seat might be the fix; if they can turn your car around so quickly for you then maybe the good news for the rest of us is that we keep our seats and the fix doesn't involve a lot of dismantling things on the interior.
Old 11-17-2018, 07:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by EvergreenQ7
Awesome you will finally get your new ride, remember to post pics for the rest of us. Last time I was in for service, last month, my service advisor thought a new seat might be the fix; if they can turn your car around so quickly for you then maybe the good news for the rest of us is that we keep our seats and the fix doesn't involve a lot of dismantling things on the interior.
Just need some basic maintenance done - after 3+ months of the car sitting I’m sure brakes/tires are shot and of course at least an oil change.
Old 11-19-2018, 05:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just got this from my dealer - Great News! Audi just announced the fix for the POds recall. ......is working diligently to get your RS7 done...... Currently awaiting part allocation.
Old 11-19-2018, 05:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Bogdan Muresan

Just need some basic maintenance done - after 3+ months of the car sitting I’m sure brakes/tires are shot and of course at least an oil change.
brakes and tires will be totally fine, the car needs to be driven. That will remove any corrosion on the disks and any flat spots from the tires. Just did this last week with one of our A6’s and S7’s, will continue it this week so the cats can go to their forever homes

Quick Reply: Audi Recall PODS (74D5)