S7 Discussion forum for the Audi S7

S7 Reliability : Engine Faults

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2017, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S7 Reliability : Engine Faults

hi All,

Looking for some advice and help. I have had my 2014 S7 for approx. 10 months and been having a number of engine faults. The car has just over 50,000 miles.

Below is the historyThis issue first started around April this year and I would get a number of errors on the dashboard with the car going into "limp mode" (Do not exceed 4000rpm). The errors on the dashboard included EPC light and engine emissions light.
With no real pattern of when they could appear, sometimes in the morning during a cold start and other times whilst driving. Stay on for days at a time then vanish then reappear.
The car was originally seen by Audi whilst the car was in warranty and at that time the technician fixed the camshaft control valve, housing and camshaft position timing which was thought to be the issue.
The issue reappeared again a few months later and I took back to another dealership and found multiple fault codes and replaced connector to valve as it would seat correctly. A day after picking the car up the same faults returned.The dealership found again, multiple fault codes again (P001100, P003300, P052A00). The tech found P052A00 as a possible cause to the reoccurring during cold start fault issues originally seen.Given the car is now out of warranty and the same issue was fixed first time I am have taken it back to the original dealership to fault find and fix for good, hopefully.

Advice required
1) How has the S7's reliability been for others?
2) Any advice on getting Audi to help pay towards the cost given the car should have been fixed fully whilst in warranty?
3) Any other ideas or thoughts of wisdom

regards,
Nilesh
Old 11-25-2017, 09:04 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I own an S7 and have complained of erratic fault warnings for more than a year.
I have 50905 miles on the car and technically out of warrantee. Last week
I paid the $169 diagnostic fee that resulted in a correction of a loose ground wire. Nothing else was found.
I have a video of todays experience where all the fault warnings rotated including a Transmission STOP the car and park warning.
Shutting everything off for a few minutes seems to reset the computer. This car is dangerous to drive as it now shuts down when driving.
I will be calling the dealer once I investigate this blog for other similar problems