S7 Discussion forum for the Audi S7

Saddle Brown

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 02:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saddle Brown

So I'm 5 months into the wait for my S7 and can't help but continually visit the forum in an effort to reduce my anxiety. Prior to the order, I had an A7 which I lost to flooding, unfortunately, but the upgrade to an S, I anticipate, will be worth while. For my S7 I went with:
2017 Prestige S7
Exterior:Suzuka Gray
Interior: Saddle Brown/Fine Grain Asht
So with this car I went with Audi Exclusive colors all around which I'm excited about. To my surprise however, with Audi exclusive color interiors I have seen on or off the forums, I have never seen an affirmative saddle brown as a chosen option. It's been interesting because when you do a google search for saddle brown you tend to find various shades of brown in Audi's or other car manufacturer colors for saddle brown so it's been difficult to really have an idea what I can expect when I get my hands on the actual vehicle. Obviously I got to look through the leather swatches at the Audi dealership before making my decision but I'm really curious to know if anyone has actually gone with a saddle brown interior and has photos to share. I'd love to hear I'm one of the few who went with that color but would also like a true visual of the shade in a completed vehicle. I'm just about 2 months out from delivery. Pray for my sanity.
Old 05-20-2017, 12:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi Gema7!

I am in a similar situation as you! I placed my order in February and now my car is on a boat. I have a 2017 Prestige S7 with Glacier White exterior and Audi Exclusive Chestnut Brown interior with Alabaster White contrast stitching. I ended up going with Oak Sepia inlays, but was really tempted to go with the Tamo Ash open pore wood until I got scared off by the renders.

I too am anxious to see the final result. There were a lot of options to pick and choose from and I must say I really like the Audi Exclusive program where you can get a one of a kind car like a tailored suit. I know it's a first world problem but truly do wish they offered an option to cover the dash with leather as I am not a fan of large expanses of plastic on a $100K car but oh well.

One option I wish I had ordered is the Alcantara roofliner with similar contrast stitching to my seats. But I did hit my budget ceiling and exceeded with the other exclusive options. I considered covering the seatbacks with matching brown leather but decided against as it is simply a single piece of leather without any stitching and it was going to be $3,000. I could have also covered the seat base with leather around the controls but worried about longevity so low to the ground where I'm sure I will have snow and dirt on shoes not infrequently here in Minnesota.

I'm happy with the option to have leather bound airbag cover, matching controls and covering the center console with leather. This last one I did not know was possible until the last minute before submitting the final order and I found out about it by chance.

I will attach the renders but like you I have not see any real pictures of a similar build online even on other models. The last render is with the Tamo Ash wood. It does look quite different in real pictures like in this build but I was too timid. https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-...alert-2910993/

Cheers!
Old 05-20-2017, 12:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Old 05-20-2017, 11:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Sounds like an awesome build. The renderings look great. Man, I didn't learn about the center console option till recently. My SA told me there was a particular date where options had to be finalized so I didn't bother. Also, I only saw it on the 2018 order guide and not the 2017. So I thought maybe it wasn't offered. If it was that additional $1,450 like it is on the 2018 order guide, I would've sprung for it. Also, with regard to the seat bases, I found that you can actually order leather bases online for a couple hundred dollars cheaper from Audi Electric-Seat Trim for Sport Seats ? NEIDFAKTOR. Now if you want the seat bases to be in your particular exclusive color, it'll cost you just about as much as getting the package (Roughly $70 cheaper) since they are ordering the leather etc. I was told 1,009 euros which includes shipping. Point is its an option after you get a vehicle if your interested. My only question is how difficult of a job is it to remove the current bases and install these. I'm curious to know. Can't say I've done my research on the forums. Also, neidfaktor does the dashboard. Now that will cost you a 1,950 euros. http://http://neidfaktor.com/en/shop...rs7-dashboard/ And as I assume based on the seat bases, it'll cost more if you want it in the exclusive color. Now of course, this will require some hefty work. So you have to factor in costs in that regard as well. Sadly I don't see the center console offered. Wonder if it would match or be less costly than the audi provided package. Right now I'm focused on exterior changes (wheels & grille). Also likely going to look into an opti coat or whatever those paint protection jobs are since I also went with the exclusive suzuka gray exterior as well. Look forward to seeing your vehicle upon delivery.

Oh, and I should mention that neidfaktor claims to use all leather pieces from audi so the quality should match. They have pictures of complete work they've done online. You should take a look through. it's pretty amazing. And how did you get these renders?
Originally Posted by Dunga186
Hi Gema7!

I am in a similar situation as you! I placed my order in February and now my car is on a boat. I have a 2017 Prestige S7 with Glacier White exterior and Audi Exclusive Chestnut Brown interior with Alabaster White contrast stitching. I ended up going with Oak Sepia inlays, but was really tempted to go with the Tamo Ash open pore wood until I got scared off by the renders.

I too am anxious to see the final result. There were a lot of options to pick and choose from and I must say I really like the Audi Exclusive program where you can get a one of a kind car like a tailored suit. I know it's a first world problem but truly do wish they offered an option to cover the dash with leather as I am not a fan of large expanses of plastic on a $100K car but oh well.

One option I wish I had ordered is the Alcantara roofliner with similar contrast stitching to my seats. But I did hit my budget ceiling and exceeded with the other exclusive options. I considered covering the seatbacks with matching brown leather but decided against as it is simply a single piece of leather without any stitching and it was going to be $3,000. I could have also covered the seat base with leather around the controls but worried about longevity so low to the ground where I'm sure I will have snow and dirt on shoes not infrequently here in Minnesota.

I'm happy with the option to have leather bound airbag cover, matching controls and covering the center console with leather. This last one I did not know was possible until the last minute before submitting the final order and I found out about it by chance.

I will attach the renders but like you I have not see any real pictures of a similar build online even on other models. The last render is with the Tamo Ash wood. It does look quite different in real pictures like in this build but I was too timid. https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-...alert-2910993/

Cheers!

Last edited by gema7; 05-20-2017 at 11:09 AM.
Old 05-20-2017, 11:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Figured I'd share some other work I've come across in search of a completed saddle brown build; https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-...-here-2909650/
Old 05-20-2017, 12:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

In the link you just provided that is the same car I posted at the end of my reply. It's his initial delivery thread and believe that the brown dash and upper door trim is actually chestnut brown and not saddle. Notice the tamo ash wood I told you about? I tried to contact the owner to ask about the wood but couldn't get through.

i didn't know about this neidfactor leather dash! that would be awesome if they can get it with matching leather but the swap would be a PITA and probably a good chunk of change at the dealership. I will ask them though.

The renders are from Audi Exclusive designer who my dealership worked with directly. He provided a ton of those with different options selected until we came to the final decision. My dealership said that yes the order was placed and allocation was locked for me, but due to exclusive options, Audi would be forgiving timewise and not lock the final order until I was 100% cool with it. I was never rushed.

As for the exterior, I really wanted to do something more special but got vetoed by the wife. Was looking at goodwood green and ipanema brown to be specific.

I have Xpel ultimate product on my '14 corvette stingray and am very happy with it. Will be doing the front end of my Audi with the same stuff and the dealership will deliver the car already wrapped.

Good luck on your delivery and hope to see some cool pictures here soon.

Last edited by Dunga186; 05-20-2017 at 01:29 PM.
Old 05-20-2017, 02:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Wow, sounds like you have a great dealer. There was no mention of a designer anywhere throughout the process. I actually had to reach out to someone here on the forums to reigster my email address for factory updates. In the time that I replied to your post I reached out ot neidfaktor to see wether a center console could be done given that a few vehichles in their portfolio had matching center consoles. But much like the dash, this would probly be a decent amount of work and money to have installed if they could do it. Thanks for the heads up on XPEL. I have to do my research on the different options when it comes to paint protection. It never really occured to me that I might want to get something like that done until I realized how much of a pain it would be to need some paintwork done on an exlusive color. None the less im excited. And it appears we are one in the few A7/S7/RS7 owners who sprung for exclusive interiors. Cheers to being 1 of 1's!

Originally Posted by Dunga186
In the link you just provided that is the same car I posted at the end of my reply. It's his initial delivery thread and believe that the brown dash and upper door trim is actually chestnut brown and not saddle. Notice the tamo ash wood I told you about? I tried to contact the owner to ask about the wood but couldn't get through.

i didn't know about this neidfactor leather dash! that would be awesome if they can get it with matching leather but the swap would be a PITA and probably a good chunk of change at the dealership. I will ask them though.

The renders are from Audi Exclusive designer who my dealership worked with directly. He provided a ton of those with different options selected until we came to the final decision. My dealership said that yes the order was placed and allocation was locked for me, but due to exclusive options, Audi would be forgiving timewise and not lock the final order until I was 100% cool with it. I was never rushed.

As for the exterior, I really wanted to do something more special but got vetoed by the wife. Was looking at goodwood green and ipanema brown to be specific.

I have Xpel ultimate product on my '14 corvette stingray and am very happy with it. Will be doing the front end of my Audi with the same stuff and the dealership will deliver the car already wrapped.

Good luck on your delivery and hope to see some cool pictures here soon.
Old 05-20-2017, 09:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Agreed! This Neidfaktor website is dangerous! Here is that dash under the A6 which would be the same: Audi A6/S6/RS6 Dashboard ? NEIDFAKTOR. Playing with the options, it gets really spendy if you want them to send their own parts, vs you shipping out your OEM for a base. It's about another 1,000 euros. This would not be an option for me as it would render the car unusable. You can also get the steering wheel column in matching leather Audi Steering Column Trim ? NEIDFAKTOR and also the door trim! Audi A6/S6/RS6 Door Panels ? NEIDFAKTOR Dear Santa.....!

As for your center console, it seems they do those. It sounds like they'll do whatever you want if you're willing to pay up. Here's a fully custom RS6 with a leather wrapped center console: Audi RS6 ? ?The Achromatic Project? ? NEIDFAKTOR

One thing I have to say, I wish these were available options from the factory, like they are at Porsche.
Old 05-21-2017, 08:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

You actually cleared that up for me. I was confused by the "Originalteil" option at first. I wasn't aware Porsche did that. Interesting. Man, I'd love to go all out and match the bulk of my interior but that's going to cost about another 10k not including labor. Did you see this RS6 Project? Audi RS6 ?The British Project? ? NEIDFAKTOR They even wrapped the nav screen. Love that
Old 05-21-2017, 09:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Oh man! That British project is certainly interesting. I mean I love leather obviously but this is a bit too monochromatic and fleshy... remember the magic school bus when they'd show the inside of someone's gut?

Quick Reply: Saddle Brown