S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

A Not so Common Color Combo

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2016, 03:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts
Default A Not so Common Color Combo

Nothing crazy, but here is a combo you are not very likely to see. Mythos Black with Flint Gray comfort seats and the layered aluminum/ black wood inlays. In the last pic, the air suspension is still in transport mode.

Old 12-27-2016, 07:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

That looks great!
Old 12-27-2016, 08:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I love the lighter leather colour - nice choice.
Old 12-28-2016, 12:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks really nice with the black exterior, but have fun keeping it clean.
Old 12-28-2016, 01:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by rocknS4
Looks really nice with the black exterior, but have fun keeping it clean.
I wish it was my car. Just one that came in at work. Every now and then I get to order a few cars, so I always try to pick something different.
Old 12-28-2016, 05:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes please! I wish dealers here would stock something else than black on black on black on black lol. I almost custom ordered the white but then I had kids so figured black is probably better lol (not that they'll ever be allowed to eat/drink in the S6!)
Old 12-28-2016, 05:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Tinbad
Yes please! I wish dealers here would stock something else than black on black on black on black lol. I almost custom ordered the white but then I had kids so figured black is probably better lol (not that they'll ever be allowed to eat/drink in the S6!)
Exactly. Whenever I get a say in what we order it rarely has black interior. We also have a Glacier White with the Arras red coming in.

I think my favorite rare combo was black optic on an Aviator Blue 3.0T A6.
Old 12-28-2016, 06:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thank you for doing the right thing, I hope it sells quickly so you get to order more often. I always wondered, do the majority of the buyers really prefer black or is it one of those things where the dealer thinks they are more desirable, therefore ordering more of them and just perpetuating the (sad) blackness?

It took me a while to find an A6 with a light interior and the S6 was exactly what I wanted other than the interior color so I compromised knowing that it would be impossible to find one in the color I like.
Old 12-28-2016, 06:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Actually it now seems to be a bit better than when I bought, only 15 out of 20 new S6s for sale are black inside. And only 2 don't have a grey/black/white exterior
Old 12-28-2016, 06:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Tinbad
Thank you for doing the right thing, I hope it sells quickly so you get to order more often. I always wondered, do the majority of the buyers really prefer black or is it one of those things where the dealer thinks they are more desirable, therefore ordering more of them and just perpetuating the (sad) blackness?

It took me a while to find an A6 with a light interior and the S6 was exactly what I wanted other than the interior color so I compromised knowing that it would be impossible to find one in the color I like.
On the S models, Black on Black tends to be the most popular. On regular cars, Moonlight Blue is usually at or near the top.

Black interior is the most popular across the board followed by brown.

Quick Reply: A Not so Common Color Combo