A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

2017 A4 coding tweaks

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2017, 10:13 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VipinLJ
PDC uses the radar sensors on the bumper which every car has. It should work in your car without a problem. Funny that it isn't already activated since it came like that from the factory in my car.
Thanks VipinLJ. I'll have to order the ODBEleven now so I can activate it. I'm assuming this is only for the front since I don't have the circles in my rear bumper? Also, where are the radar sensors just so I can confirm they are there. I understand that with the special edition car, Season of Audi, that I have some tech items but some were left out.

Thanks!
Old 05-12-2017, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Howard Shure
Thanks VipinLJ. I'll have to order the ODBEleven now so I can activate it. I'm assuming this is only for the front since I don't have the circles in my rear bumper? Also, where are the radar sensors just so I can confirm they are there. I understand that with the special edition car, Season of Audi, that I have some tech items but some were left out.

Thanks!
Not the radar sensor for ACC. I'm talking about the normal radar parking sensors which you switch on via the P button on the center console or which comes on automatically when you back up. I believe every A4 B9 in America has it.

The radar parking sensor is the one I've circled in the photo above

Last edited by VipinLJ; 05-12-2017 at 10:41 AM.
Old 05-12-2017, 12:40 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Not the radar sensor for ACC. I'm talking about the normal radar parking sensors which you switch on via the P button on the center console or which comes on automatically when you back up. I believe every A4 B9 in America has it.

The radar parking sensor is the one I've circled in the photo above
Bummer. Apparently the Season of Audi version does not. I don't have that on my bumper.
Attached Thumbnails 2017 A4 coding tweaks-img_3729.jpg  
Old 05-12-2017, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Oh. I had no idea that the season of Audi cars didn't have front parking sensors!!! Then there's no way to activate it unless you retrofit parking sensors.
Old 05-12-2017, 07:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Today maybe a first warmer day in the year at my place, afternoon exit from work sit in the car and the A/C turned on auto. That gave me an idea to try and make ready for the season,
Out of curiosity I wanted to lower all the windows with the remote key and didn't worked.
Can't recall seeing it earlier that the 2017 base model A4 B9 doesn't have that function by default.
So, lowering/raising the windows with a remote key shall be coded DIY?
I have the OBD11 couple months now never tried doing anything with it yet, any leads, please.
Old 05-12-2017, 08:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

You need to long press the unlock button and you should also be within 6ft or something for it to work. There is a range limitation.
Old 05-13-2017, 04:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by bigHUN
Today maybe a first warmer day in the year at my place, afternoon exit from work sit in the car and the A/C turned on auto. That gave me an idea to try and make ready for the season,
Out of curiosity I wanted to lower all the windows with the remote key and didn't worked.
Can't recall seeing it earlier that the 2017 base model A4 B9 doesn't have that function by default.
So, lowering/raising the windows with a remote key shall be coded DIY?
I have the OBD11 couple months now never tried doing anything with it yet, any leads, please.
This is from the Q7 manual. I would think it would be the same in the A4. Note the setting in the MMI:

Old 05-13-2017, 05:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

You need to long press the unlock button and you should also be within 6ft or something for it to work. There is a range limitation.
VipinLJ is right about the long press being required - but you can override the range limitation with OBD11. I can open & close my A4 & Q7 across a fairly large parking lot.
Old 05-13-2017, 05:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Cadx6
VipinLJ is right about the long press being required - but you can override the range limitation with OBD11. I can open & close my A4 & Q7 across a fairly large parking lot.
I was standing right beside the car, now the "long press on button" was maybe 3 seconds...raining outside and dark but going now to try again a longer press.
Today exit from a grocery store I was maybe 30 meters away, raise up my hand with a key high and I could open the trunk, but not unlock the doors (I know this because my son was waiting for me right beside the car).
I am interested to hear about programming some extended range...
Old 05-14-2017, 08:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

This is buried somewhere in the 80+ pages of this thread (fortunately I printed out the ones I was interested in as they were posted by others ).
Using OBDeleven -

Turn off range limiter for Comfort Window System
46 - Central Module Comfort System
Coding->comfort_operation_range_limitation->not active

I haven't done mine, but apparently you can increase the range to lock / unlock.
Deactivate Key Lock Range
Coding->range_limitation_lock-> not active

Deactivate Key Opening Range
Coding->range_limitation_opening-> not active

As usual - no guarantees.......
The following users liked this post:
Hoosh (09-23-2019)

Quick Reply: 2017 A4 coding tweaks