Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

OEM RSQ5 Grille?...or?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2016, 11:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OEM RSQ5 Grille?...or?

I did a search on this and never found a definitive answer on what folks have found when looking for the best aftermarket SQ5 grille? I know Kamei used to make very good grilles (had one on my A3) but they don't seem to be around with new product anymore...I'm willing to pay for a high quality (ideally non plastic) grille. I'm talking about, essentially the honeycomb grille similar to the S5 look...black...any suggestions?...
Old 05-13-2016, 12:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 355 Likes on 207 Posts

Here:
https://www.ecstuning.com/News/Audi_...mpaign=newpost

RSQ5 honeycomb Mesh Front Grill for Audi Q5 facelift 2013-2014 Black frame
Old 05-13-2016, 12:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Does this work on MY 2016? Have you or anyone ordered this one? Is it plastic or metal?

Thank you so much!
Old 05-13-2016, 12:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NealcpLA
Does this work on MY 2016? Have you or anyone ordered this one? Is it plastic or metal?

Thank you so much!
Both are ABS plastic. It is listed in the item description. OEM is plastic also, so you'll be hard pressed to find something in metal for the Q5 I would think. Not exactly an enthusiast vehicle, so aftermarket is limited. The ABS plastic is of great quality, compared with plastic you may have in mind.

Yes, they will work with 2016, there haven't been any changes yet.
Old 05-13-2016, 12:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 355 Likes on 207 Posts

Yes for MY2013 -MY2016 is same
Plastic,
I've never seen anywhere that there is a metal

HERE:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-...2878547/page2/

Last edited by spijun; 05-13-2016 at 12:40 PM.
Old 05-13-2016, 12:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

[QUOTE=BlackAce;24811733]Both are ABS plastic. It is listed in the item description. OEM is plastic also, so you'll be hard pressed to find something in metal for the Q5 I would think. Not exactly an enthusiast vehicle, so aftermarket is limited. The ABS plastic is of great quality, compared with plastic you may have in mind.

Yes, they will work with 2016, there haven't been any changes yet.[/QUOTE

Thank you… The SQ5 is pretty much of an enthusiast vehicle which is the car that I'm looking to put this up… Hopefully will fit that as well
Old 05-13-2016, 12:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thank you… The SQ5 is pretty much of an enthusiast vehicle which is the car that I'm looking to put this up… Hopefully will fit that as well
It's not. Sorry, I don't think you got what I was saying. I'm not saying we don't love our SQ5s (I own one), or aren't enthusiasts for them. I'm talking about the aftermarket. There are massive amounts of options for cars like Mustangs, or WRXs, or Civics for that matter--pretty much any part/design you can think of (metal, plastic, carbon, etc) exists in that market. The SQ5 on the other hand is extremely limited in ownership, so you kinda have to work with what you can get.

In terms of parts, if it fits the Q5, it fits the SQ5, with very limited exceptions.
Old 05-13-2016, 01:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BlackAce
It's not. Sorry, I don't think you got what I was saying. I'm not saying we don't love our SQ5s (I own one), or aren't enthusiasts for them. I'm talking about the aftermarket. There are massive amounts of options for cars like Mustangs, or WRXs, or Civics for that matter--pretty much any part/design you can think of (metal, plastic, carbon, etc) exists in that market. The SQ5 on the other hand is extremely limited in ownership, so you kinda have to work with what you can get.

In terms of parts, if it fits the Q5, it fits the SQ5, with very limited exceptions.
Right, A 354 hp supercharged all-wheel-drive vehicle is not an "enthusiast car"… smh...? But what do I know? I've only been driving and owning and modifying Audis for 20 years…

Thank you for your input…
Old 05-14-2016, 04:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Right, A 354 hp supercharged all-wheel-drive vehicle is not an "enthusiast car"… smh...? But what do I know? I've only been driving and owning and modifying Audis for 20 years…

Thank you for your input…
Not looking to argue, so I'll bring us back to the point I was making, regardless of what you call it. And that was that the aftermarket options for our SQ5s are quite limited compared to other vehicles, so you'll only find a few quality grille options out there in this style. They will likely all be plastic. Look for ABS plastic when you're shopping and buy from a reputable business like ECS, and I think you will be satisfied with the product. They do not look or feel cheap, and hold up well--same quality as OEM. There are some good options on EBay that people like, but it's harder to ensure that you'll end up with something with guaranteed high-quality that you're seeking.
Old 05-14-2016, 06:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BlackAce
Not looking to argue, so I'll bring us back to the point I was making, regardless of what you call it. And that was that the aftermarket options for our SQ5s are quite limited compared to other vehicles, so you'll only find a few quality grille options out there in this style. They will likely all be plastic. Look for ABS plastic when you're shopping and buy from a reputable business like ECS, and I think you will be satisfied with the product. They do not look or feel cheap, and hold up well--same quality as OEM. There are some good options on EBay that people like, but it's harder to ensure that you'll end up with something with guaranteed high-quality that you're seeking.
right

Quick Reply: OEM RSQ5 Grille?...or?