A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Most of the MMI settings in my 05 D3 are simply gone?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2016, 10:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Most of the MMI settings in my 05 D3 are simply gone?

I've had the car go through the hand of couple mechanics last few weeks having air compressor & front struts replaced.

The first guy died so I took the car to another guy but in the meanwhile I noticed the suspension settings were gone, I just figured the settings were gone due to the suspension being all out of whack and would return.

Now the suspension is fine again but no suspension settings in the MMI, but along with those there's very few settings available, no car setup settings at all.

What was done to make it that way I have no idea, maybe it was work of VAG COM, I also noticed the fuse box cover on left in the trunk being off. I asked the guy who did the actual air struts and compressor and he said he hasn't done anything other than physically replacing those parts.

So what are my options here other than calling on the dead? Should I just get a VAG COM solution and take it from there? I noticed the actual suspension doesn't know what to do any more, one day it's normal setting the next day it's in seemingly lift setting & I can hear the compressor working a lot so a fix is needed promptly before the thing gives out again.

Thanks for any help.
Old 11-24-2016, 11:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts
Default Wow, that sounds serious...

Did you try to reset the MMI? Setup + Center **** + Upper right (front)
Cheers,
Louis
Old 11-24-2016, 11:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ltooz_a6_a8_q7
Did you try to reset the MMI? Setup + Center **** + Upper right (front)
Cheers,
Louis
yes I have, doesn't seem to do a thing.

the message it gives me "there are no further vehicle settings available" the only google results it produces are all in polish, czech, or russian.

will have to mess with google translator for a bit.

the car button produces only battery level, central locking, exterior lighting, instrument cluster, VIN, windows, and wipers options. car+setup produces the there's no further vehicle settings available.
Old 11-24-2016, 12:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Upon further analysis I've came to find the Navigation DVD disc that came with the car in the DVD thing in the trunk, still in there, ejected it, now half of it is peeled off and it's looking damaged, there's no way all the data on this thing is still completely accessible. It probably peeled while inside of the drive which in itself would now probably cause issues with the replacement disc.

So I'm imagining the car was in middle of some kind of reset or an upgrade which wasn't completed and now that's why only there's only so little of MMI still available.

Why would he try to use this disc that came with the car is beyond me, wish I could ask, I mean it came with the car wouldn't you assume it's already on that version? But I digress.

Too bad the forum doesn't allow edits, this will all start to look like diary of a mad man who's trying every possible thing to make this work.
Old 11-24-2016, 01:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts

Check all the wiring connections related to the suspension. I think they forgot to hook up something. When the car doesn't show the suspension, the system couldn't communicate with the shocks and the pump, IMO.
Old 11-24-2016, 06:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by trapp
the message it gives me "there are no further vehicle settings available"....
I saw this message two days ago when I was trying to mess with the system to reset it.

If you have access to the hidden menu "green menu" then go there and scroll down to the second page and click "DIAG". Next, click on the third menu option " APK 0x01, 0x0B, 0x0C". This menu has the mmi options that you want to show in your mmi screen. If you want to enable an option tick it and scroll all the way down to "accept changes". Then, reset the mmi.

Hint: First option in that menu is ACC "Adaptive Cruise Control".

Good luck,
Old 11-25-2016, 06:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ltooz_a6_a8_q7
Check all the wiring connections related to the suspension. I think they forgot to hook up something. When the car doesn't show the suspension, the system couldn't communicate with the shocks and the pump, IMO.
I've done so and it all appears to be in order.

Originally Posted by The.aviator2
I saw this message two days ago when I was trying to mess with the system to reset it.

If you have access to the hidden menu "green menu" then go there and scroll down to the second page and click "DIAG". Next, click on the third menu option " APK 0x01, 0x0B, 0x0C". This menu has the mmi options that you want to show in your mmi screen. If you want to enable an option tick it and scroll all the way down to "accept changes". Then, reset the mmi.

Hint: First option in that menu is ACC "Adaptive Cruise Control".

Good luck,
green menu seems to be disabled on mine will have to get my hands on VDCS
Old 01-17-2018, 01:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Hi Trapp,

Did you ever get the MMI menus back? My A8L is having the same problems. What was the solution?

Thanks!
Old 01-17-2018, 04:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by powderlvr
Hi Trapp,

Did you ever get the MMI menus back? My A8L is having the same problems. What was the solution?

Thanks!
well I thought the problem was a leaky strut which I had replaced and it was to no avail then I realized I had to prioritize to do timing belt and other work. I realize this has to be done with VCDS which I'll end up doing been pretty busy lately the car has just been sitting anyway so no issue.

But my guess right now would be that something has to be reset through VCDS, I'm guessing this has to be performed. Ross-Tech: VAG-COM: Suspension Level Control Calibration

If nothing by purchasing their product I should get enough support in order to fix this issue. Give me couple weeks here for Ohio weather to warm up.
Old 01-17-2018, 06:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Disconnect the battery for a few minutes see if that brings things back to life

Quick Reply: Most of the MMI settings in my 05 D3 are simply gone?