TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Wanting to add sub to 17TT Roadster with B&O

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 04:30 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Wanting to add sub to 17TT Roadster with B&O

Has anyone added a sub to a MK3 roadster. if so where did u tap in to get an audio feed to supply the amplifiers input. I have a downfiring 10" pioneer sub already with a jl audio slash amplifier. I want to make sure I get the feed from the woofers in the doors, which i'm assuming has the low pass frequencies. Also does anyone know where the factory amplifier is? I'm told its under the driver seat. A wiring schematic would be great.
Old 02-06-2017, 06:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jadrex
Has anyone added a sub to a MK3 roadster. if so where did u tap in to get an audio feed to supply the amplifiers input. I have a downfiring 10" pioneer sub already with a jl audio slash amplifier. I want to make sure I get the feed from the woofers in the doors, which i'm assuming has the low pass frequencies. Also does anyone know where the factory amplifier is? I'm told its under the driver seat. A wiring schematic would be great.

The amp is under the drivers seat. Keep us updated on the system install. Good luck!
Old 02-07-2017, 03:50 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Does anyone have a schematic or know which 4 wires connect to the subs in the doors
Old 02-14-2017, 05:20 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

any car audio installers in the house that has setup an aftermarket system in a MK3. out of town right now but will be attempting this install in a week. a wiring diagram would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-15-2017, 06:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

I was going to do this, too. But the stupid B&O wiring is a nightmare. If I were you, I'd just leave it be and try to wire directly from the battery or harness. That way you can remove it when needed (ie. warranty service).
You can bet the first thing Audi will say is that you caused the problem by altering the wiring.
Bob
Old 02-15-2017, 07:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jadrex
any car audio installers in the house that has setup an aftermarket system in a MK3. out of town right now but will be attempting this install in a week. a wiring diagram would be greatly appreciated.
Jadrex,

Let us know how the install turns out. Pics would be appreciated. Also, others have reported the ANC system causing problems after adding a sub. On the Audizine forum a S6 owner had to disconnect the mics from the B&O amp. Another owner said he disabled the ANC via VAGCOM. The dealer told me that the system would go into safe mode if the ANC mics were disconnected from the amp in a 2016 TTS. IDK. Keep us posted! Good luck.
Old 03-02-2017, 04:33 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Old 03-02-2017, 04:40 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Rockford Fosgate R500X1D Prime 1-Channel Class D Amplifier
Pioneer TSSWX2502 10-Inch Shallow-Mount Pre-Loaded Enclosure Sub Woofer.

Sounds good and no problem with the B&O microphone as long as u tap into the door woofers. all the other speakers are used for noise cancellation. I have details on how I did the setup if anyone wants to know
Old 03-02-2017, 06:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Congratulations looks good. Did you tap into the door woofers under the seat at the amp? What was the wire color?
Old 03-02-2017, 06:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Congrats! Looks like a clean install.

Quick Reply: Wanting to add sub to 17TT Roadster with B&O