Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Just ordered an S3!!! First Audi!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2017, 06:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just ordered an S3!!! First Audi!

I have a MK7 GTI right now and I've been comparing The S3/4/5 and also a TTS.

I drove the S5 and while it was a great car, I felt like it had too much of a large hood that I wasn't used to. The dealership didn't have a TTS to drive, but I drove an S3 and it was very good. It had the resonator delete kit, which made it sound louder than the S5.

I got lease rates for the TTS first and I felt it was too much money; in fact 150 more per month (lease), than a fully loaded S3.

My order:
S3 Prestige
Tango Red
S Sport Seats
Black Optics
Resonator Delete Kit.

They said it would be 4 months until delivery, hopefully sooner though!

I was comparing this car and the Jaguar XE, but the fit and finish of the Audi and the added bit of tech just did it for me. Plus got 6% off from Audi NA Club.

My GTI is a 6-speed, so I'm going to have to get used to driving the DSG.
Old 04-23-2017, 07:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default congratulations

You will love the S3. it is actually almost exactly the same dimensions as the old B5 A4, but it seems like it has a lot more space inside. I traded a B7 RS4 to an S3 because the S4/S5 seemed way to big for my taste. Another 2 seater was not an option for me, so I did not consider the TTS. The resonator delete is a great option. Hardly noticeable at highway speeds, but otherwise gives the S3 some real character. Lots of other interesting mods, from mild to wild, available to make your S3 truly unique. i ordered mine and they told me 4 months, but it did not take quite that long. I have 2 standard transmission cars and 2 paddle shifters. I am getting to the point where I won't miss the manuals when it is time to replace them.

Originally Posted by KV123
I have a MK7 GTI right now and I've been comparing The S3/4/5 and also a TTS.

I drove the S5 and while it was a great car, I felt like it had too much of a large hood that I wasn't used to. The dealership didn't have a TTS to drive, but I drove an S3 and it was very good. It had the resonator delete kit, which made it sound louder than the S5.

I got lease rates for the TTS first and I felt it was too much money; in fact 150 more per month (lease), than a fully loaded S3.

My order:
S3 Prestige
Tango Red
S Sport Seats
Black Optics
Resonator Delete Kit.

They said it would be 4 months until delivery, hopefully sooner though!

I was comparing this car and the Jaguar XE, but the fit and finish of the Audi and the added bit of tech just did it for me. Plus got 6% off from Audi NA Club.

My GTI is a 6-speed, so I'm going to have to get used to driving the DSG.
Old 04-23-2017, 07:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by whitby
You will love the S3. it is actually almost exactly the same dimensions as the old B5 A4, but it seems like it has a lot more space inside. I traded a B7 RS4 to an S3 because the S4/S5 seemed way to big for my taste. Another 2 seater was not an option for me, so I did not consider the TTS. The resonator delete is a great option. Hardly noticeable at highway speeds, but otherwise gives the S3 some real character. Lots of other interesting mods, from mild to wild, available to make your S3 truly unique. i ordered mine and they told me 4 months, but it did not take quite that long. I have 2 standard transmission cars and 2 paddle shifters. I am getting to the point where I won't miss the manuals when it is time to replace them.
Thank you!

Yes, I was very impressed when I test drove it, the sound system was extremely nice as well. I think it's the perfect size, and the dimensions make the car look really sharp.
The delete was great sounding, especially at idle. It's a very cheap option that I think anyone should automatically tick off.

I wish the sport seats had the alcantara option like the S4/S5, but I can live with full leather as long as it doesn't get extremely hot in the summer.

The quattro system was great, I drove 60mph in a clover entrance/exit highway ramp and it could grip for days. My GTI would actually do some wheel hops when I went a bit too rough on it in sharp corners ,FWD D:

I'll have both cars, so I can enjoy a stick from time to time!
Old 04-23-2017, 07:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default A question...

Does anyone know what "Extended interior elements mono.pur" mean when getting the S sport seats?
Old 04-23-2017, 08:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Found the same thing with TTS as well. While it was a great car, the price jump versus the S3 just didn't seem worth it. While I didn't necessarily need the extra doors and room of a sedan, it is good to have for the few times I may actually have a third person in the car. Had my S3 for about 5 months now and still love the car as much as I did the day I picked it up.
Old 04-23-2017, 08:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by CHCCubs
Found the same thing with TTS as well. While it was a great car, the price jump versus the S3 just didn't seem worth it. While I didn't necessarily need the extra doors and room of a sedan, it is good to have for the few times I may actually have a third person in the car. Had my S3 for about 5 months now and still love the car as much as I did the day I picked it up.
Yeah, I didn't really need the extra room or doors so I preferred a coupé, but definitely not worth that much extra for essentially a body style difference.

If I take some passengers along with me they'll appreciate the fact I have a 4 door now My GTI is a two door, but it's pretty roomy back there since it's a hatch.

I'm sure I'll love mine, just the hardest thing is the wait.
Old 04-23-2017, 09:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was on the fence with getting a Golf R but I'm glad I pulled the trigger on the new S3. However, on a value proposition the Golf R indeed is a nice car and has plenty of room. At the end of the day I wanted the S3 after test driving it and the additional factory options puts it on a different level altogether such as the B&O audio system which sounds fantastic. Virtual Cockpit, better sport seats, full LED lights, etc.

Audi having a 4 year/50k mile warranty is superior compared to 3 year/36k miles as well.

Still have had my car for less than a week but am loving it! Getting tint on it today and can't wait to see how it looks when it's done
Old 04-23-2017, 09:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

You have a great spec. The daytona grey is really nice color.
The Golf R is great, but the S3 does have those extra goodies that really make it a more luxurious superior car to the R. Although the new Golf R will also have a VW virtual cockpit as well! The only issue with those is that you practically have to hunt down the car and can't really do an order like with Audi.

Tints will looks great with the black optics. Have you thought of getting a matte black wrap on the car?
Old 04-23-2017, 10:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by KV123
Does anyone know what "Extended interior elements mono.pur" mean when getting the S sport seats?
It means you get leather on interior pieces. Sides of the center console and door arm rests.
Old 04-23-2017, 12:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by s3burgh
It means you get leather on interior pieces. Sides of the center console and door arm rests.
Sounds great! Better than having that plastic on the center console.

Quick Reply: Just ordered an S3!!! First Audi!