Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

S5 sportbacks at dealer and on road in Toronto

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 07:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S5 sportbacks at dealer and on road in Toronto

My car is here and will show picks when I pick it up ! A5 SB S line Daytona Gray. looks great ! Saw 2 S5' SB at dealer on one on the road already. They look awesome on the road - low and wide, front end nice and slim, the car looks stunning AND anyone who thinks it looks like a FORD Fusion doesn't know SQUAT about design. A5 has a beautiful 3 dimensional quality with precise details, Ford Looks like it lacks real thought at all about overall shape and detail but then again it is 1/2 the price too, ( and a Ford ! )
Old 05-24-2017, 09:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by A5SB
the car looks stunning AND anyone who thinks it looks like a FORD Fusion doesn't know SQUAT about design. A5 has a beautiful 3 dimensional quality with precise details, Ford Looks like it lacks real thought at all about overall shape and detail but then again it is 1/2 the price too, ( and a Ford ! )
Amen. It's true.

I've tried to be diplomatic in giving credit to the Fusion comparisons, but let's be honest. The A5/S5's design is head and shoulders above a fusion.

I see people absolutely staring at my A5SB when I drive through an intersection. It's noticeably striking, even to a layperson.

I saw a newer Fusion on the road the other day, and one glaring thing I noticed is how flat its shoulder line is. It's effectively 1 dimensional and static - while the sportback's line moves in 3 dimensions creating a visual motion... even when the car is stopped. Much more thoughtful.
Old 05-25-2017, 04:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

My car is here and will show picks when I pick it up ! A5 SB S line Daytona Gray. looks great ! Saw 2 S5' SB at dealer on one on the road already. They look awesome on the road - low and wide, front end nice and slim, the car looks stunning AND anyone who thinks it looks like a FORD Fusion doesn't know SQUAT about design. A5 has a beautiful 3 dimensional quality with precise details, Ford Looks like it lacks real thought at all about overall shape and detail but then again it is 1/2 the price too, ( and a Ford ! )
Nice man! Picking up mine tomorrow morning (in Toronto too), with similar specs to yours, but got Manhattan Grey. Cannot wait!
Old 05-25-2017, 05:00 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ford Fusion, Hyundai / Kia,

all typical of borrowing from premium German and knocking it off ( with limits ) especially Koreans with Audi Designers on board there. Nice to be able to have a genuine Audi though.
Old 05-25-2017, 05:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ford Fusion, Hyundai / Kia,

all typical of borrowing from premium German and knocking it off ( with limits ) especially Koreans with Audi Designers on board there. Nice to be able to have a genuine Audi though.
Go to Korea or China and they literally have a copy of the car on their streets - brands that don't sell in the US/EU.
Old 05-25-2017, 05:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice OP! Mine is also ready in Toronto! But I can't pick it up till I have my appointment to return my TDI, which is taking forever. So it's just sitting in their lot

Same specs as yours, Daytona Grey S-Line!

I got to sit in it though and I can't wait to bring this baby home.
Old 05-25-2017, 05:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 491 Likes on 335 Posts

The ex-Audi designer (Peter Schreyer) at Kia did the original TT, and had nothing to do with any of the Sportbacks. That was Walter de Silva (B8 A5) and Stefan Sielaff (C7 A7).

Perhaps as Sportback style vehicles become more popular in the US, people will become more aware of the differences in designs, rather than the similarities?

Congrats to A5SB, look forward to pics.
Old 05-25-2017, 06:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

I can post pics today if it ever stops raining, just came in - white/magma red
Old 05-25-2017, 02:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Did most of you put in a custom order? I placed my order for an S5 SB on March 9th and it was submitted to factory on the 23 of march and as per my dealer by production week is the last week of July ! Week 3017 ! So the delivery would be around mid September . Interested to know when people in Canada placed the orders as it seems like quite a few people are already getting them
Old 05-26-2017, 04:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Audi160
Did most of you put in a custom order? I placed my order for an S5 SB on March 9th and it was submitted to factory on the 23 of march and as per my dealer by production week is the last week of July ! Week 3017 ! So the delivery would be around mid September . Interested to know when people in Canada placed the orders as it seems like quite a few people are already getting them
I took an S5 SB for a test drive today and asked this question - the cars that are hitting dealers now were the pre-configured models. They are (for the most part) fully loaded and are meant to show off the top end trim. Many end up being demos as a result. First batch of the Canadian customer factory ordered cars should be arriving middle to end of June.

On a side note, it was an absolute blast to drive. The SB design (in all trims) sets it apart from everything in the lot.

Quick Reply: S5 sportbacks at dealer and on road in Toronto