A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

H&R Sway Bars

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 09:24 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H&R Sway Bars

Finally got my front and rear sway bars replaced with H&R Sport ones, I can definitely say it made a HUGE difference in the roll around corners. Can't wait to get my new Bilstein B8s put on Monday. I already had the s-line suspension so I am reusing the sport springs and just replacing the shocks and struts.
Old 07-19-2017, 09:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

A yr ago, I put an H&R rear bar & koni strT shocks & struts on my base '06 C6 3.2.
What a difference!
If I had it to do over, I'd go with tbe bilseins like you. The rear konis are too stiff & the fronts could deal with small irregularities a little better but, overall, it's so much better! Got rid of the understeer & much crisper around town. Interstate behavior was always great.
You'll love it with those bars & struts!
Old 07-19-2017, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Good to hear, I was going to do FSDs but they were out of stock so I went with the Bilsteins and everyone says I will love them, I cannot wait to drive it afterwards.
Old 07-19-2017, 10:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just put the H&R rear sway bar on my '06 A6 Avant Quattro, along with Koni Sport shocks and Eibach lowering springs. The handling has been improved immensely, as anyone with a wallowing wagon can appreciate. The car is actually somewhat fun to throw into corners now - the center of gravity having been lowered about an inch or so.
Old 07-19-2017, 08:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Great timing to hear this. I was going to do the Koni FSDs but they are on back order for almost 8 weeks. So I sprung for the Bilstein B8 and Eibach lowering spring Kit (Just arrived yesterday). Picked them up on Ebay for about 900 Canadian shipped from Germany.

I've been rather curious to hear more about the feed back for the H&R rear sway bar. May be adding that to the acquisition list later on.

I've gone a but further than most of you as I am replacing everything all around. Upper Front/Rear & Lower Front/Rear Control arms. New shock mounts for front and rear. Rear upper bushings and rear lower racing control arms, Outer tie rods and lastly front and rear sway bar endlinks.

I am rather excited to have this installed in the next month or so to see what a fresh all new suspension is like!!
Old 07-20-2017, 02:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 882 Likes on 721 Posts

I went with the H&R sways and the FSDs. It transformed the car.
Old 07-20-2017, 05:41 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I choose mine based on I already have the s-line suspension so my springs are factory lowered. Plus I just upgraded to 19" and Michelin AS 3 + 255/35/19 so I didn't want to mess with rolling fenders. Can't wait again to see how it drives since the sway bars alone were such a huge improvement.
Old 07-20-2017, 05:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by twopedalwarrior
I've gone a but further than most of you as I am replacing everything all around. Upper Front/Rear & Lower Front/Rear Control arms. New shock mounts for front and rear. Rear upper bushings and rear lower racing control arms, Outer tie rods and lastly front and rear sway bar endlinks.

I am rather excited to have this installed in the next month or so to see what a fresh all new suspension is like!!
Yep, I like to stockpile all the parts I want to replace, and then do everything at once. My control arms and bushings are in good shape considering the 157K miles. I did replace all the shock/strut mounts and the rear sway endlinks whilst at it. The rear sway bar upgrade was the easiest part of all. I also replaced the rotors, brake lines (stainless), front calipers and brake pads (ceramic). My Avant now stops as well as it handles and is a real pleasure to drive. Soon I'll replace the wheels and tires with 19" and the bodywork is in process...
Old 07-20-2017, 06:18 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I just replaced all 4 rotors and pads with EBC slotted and dimpled rotors and Yellow Stuff pads. Made stopping a complete joy now.
Old 07-21-2017, 03:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

This is a really tempting mod for me, especially after seeing the difference from swithing to BFG G-Force tires.

Quick Reply: H&R Sway Bars