Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Floor Mat question

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 11:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Floor Mat question

Going to get WeatherTech mats for my new Q7. Trying to decide whether to get the floor liner which covers more area or the flexible rubber mats which sit like regular mats. Anyone have the floor liners? Thoughts?
Old 07-23-2017, 12:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by sabca
Going to get WeatherTech mats for my new Q7. Trying to decide whether to get the floor liner which covers more area or the flexible rubber mats which sit like regular mats. Anyone have the floor liners? Thoughts?
I have the first and second row floor liners, as well as the rear liner that fits behind the second row and love them. The tan doesn't exactly match the interior, but it's good enough. The mats were a little warped when I first got them from being in the package, but once warmed up they fit perfectly.
Old 07-23-2017, 12:44 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by sabca
Was interested in this as well. What quality of mats will come with my 2018 Q7 when delivered? Is there a forum vendor that offers a nicer, thicker mat? Not too worried about bad weather application (snow/ice/mud etc)
Old 07-23-2017, 01:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

For what it's worth, the Audi rubber mats are seriously thick, well-made mats. I just prefer the WeatherTech Floor Liners. I've had them in my last 10 cars.

The factory carpeted mats are OK, but they're not exactly luxurious. I'm not sure of anybody making a thicker carpeted mat.
Old 07-23-2017, 05:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm using the Audi rubber mats in the 1st and 2nd rows.

Bought the Weather tech plastic cargo liner for the most rear section. Will allow me to have the 2nd row up and still keep it in place.

After getting all that - never looked further as these are all good.

The carpeted mats from Audi are lame as well.
Old 07-23-2017, 05:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

2018 Audi Q7 with cold-weather package makes you buy the good floor matts.
2017 they were optional.
Old 07-23-2017, 07:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Just installed the WeatherTech floor liners and cargo liner.

If anyone wants a good deal on the Audi Q7 black rubber all weather mats please send me a PM (assuming you are in the US).

The Audi mats are good, but as another poster mentioned the floor liners offer more protection including the middle row hump. That's important for me with the kids back there all the time.
Old 07-23-2017, 08:17 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I have the Audi rubber mats in the front and second row and have been quite pleased with them thus far. I also have the Weathertech cargo liner which is also great, but if you slide your second row seats back all the way, it no longer fits. At least this has been my experience.

As for the Audi carpet -- it has gone downhill in quality big time! My 2007 Q7 had the BEST carpet. It was a marbled Berber type material that held up so well and never showed a single spot. I miss it and the quality!
Old 07-24-2017, 05:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

For those using the Audi OEM mats... keep an eye on the area where your heel sits with your foot on the gas pedal. The rubber is pretty soft. My old ones ended up with a hole worn through at this point. I didn't catch it quickly enough and ended up with a permanent salt stain on the carpet underneath.
Old 07-24-2017, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Since I am using the first and second row mats that came with my Q7 (2017) so I am looking for the middle row hump for the second row and the cargo mat.

Which cargo mats is better? The small one that use when the third row up or the big cargo mat that use when the third row down?

Where to get a best deal on the WeatherTech mats?

Quick Reply: Floor Mat question