Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Brand New Q7 - Drive off the lot and has to go straight into the shop!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2017, 06:43 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brand New Q7 - Drive off the lot and has to go straight into the shop!!!

I bought my wife a new Q7 to replace her prior SUV. From a monetary stand point it was a wash but I am incredibly disappointed with Audi for this issue. Within 2 miles of leaving the dealership with her new car it started beeping saying that the SOS system had a malfunction and was inoperable. Ok, big deal. No, real big deal is that the goddamn thing beeps every 3 minutes and apparently cannot be disabled, It appears to be related to a coax cable in the headliner that is faulty and needs to be replaced. Great. 4 hour job and the parts need to be ordered... another 2 weeks. I mean really?? Am I being bitchy??
Old 07-25-2017, 06:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 131 Likes on 85 Posts

I'd be mad too. Dealer give you a Q7 loaner?
Old 07-26-2017, 04:38 AM
JT4
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

No you're not being "bitchy" at all.. You picked up a brand new vehicle and within 2 miles you had to go back to the dealer.. I would be pissed too.

I would contact the GM of the dealership and in a very nice way tell him/her how unhappy you are with the situation. Good Luck..
Old 07-26-2017, 05:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by Brett826
I bought my wife a new Q7 to replace her prior SUV. From a monetary stand point it was a wash but I am incredibly disappointed with Audi for this issue. Within 2 miles of leaving the dealership with her new car it started beeping saying that the SOS system had a malfunction and was inoperable. Ok, big deal. No, real big deal is that the goddamn thing beeps every 3 minutes and apparently cannot be disabled, It appears to be related to a coax cable in the headliner that is faulty and needs to be replaced. Great. 4 hour job and the parts need to be ordered... another 2 weeks. I mean really?? Am I being bitchy??
That is sorta on the dealer, as the fix is known, and should have been addressed during PDI
Old 07-26-2017, 06:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

At least you drove off the lot before you got SOS light come on. After I purchased the car and the sales rep still in the car setting everything up, I turn the car on while on dealer lot and the SOS malfunction alert comes on. It was the same issue related to the cable in the headliner. It took them freaking 5-6 weeks to get the part from Germany.

It seems like there is an issue with quality control with Audi post production.
Old 07-26-2017, 07:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Is the cable issue an example of something that was fixed in 2018s?
Old 07-26-2017, 12:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

It took a week to get the cable to fix my SOS issue. It happened within 50 miles of purchase.
Old 07-26-2017, 02:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi Brett,

I had problems with my new Q7, drive system error pop up on the way home. You can see my experience on this thread: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-...2924527/page4/

Please let me know what the dealer can do for you. I have escalated the case to Audi corporation and requested the replacement of the vehicle.

As a first time Audi buyer, I am deeply disappointed by the quality control that is apparently lacking either with the factory or the dealership.

G

Originally Posted by Brett826
Old 07-27-2017, 05:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by rsilvers129
Is the cable issue an example of something that was fixed in 2018s?
I've yet to see it first hand on a Q7, only car I ever experienced it on was an S4, and it was resolved via a reset by one of the techs. Sorry I don't have more insight
Old 08-08-2017, 05:01 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Update - Made an appointment 2 weeks ago to have the warranty kit installed to correct the coax cable issue to correct the connection issue. Arrived at the dealership at the arranged time and signed the paperwork for the 3 hour repair. 45 minutes into the work the service advisor came to me and said that there was problem in that the repair kit was not there. Apparently they made arrangements for a dealer to dealer part acquisition and the dealer with the kit refused to send because of the demand for the kits. In fact all 4 dealerships in the area would not provide the kit and it is back ordered from Germany for 2 weeks. Back in my beeping brand new Q7 to wait for the kit to arrive so I can try this again. Pissed is not the word.

Quick Reply: Brand New Q7 - Drive off the lot and has to go straight into the shop!!!