Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

AWE Exhaust Update for S5

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 04:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AWE Exhaust Update for S5

I have always felt that the sound of the engine is as fulfilling as the performance.
My BMW which I am turning in prior to receiving the S5 on the Splendid Ace has a Dinan performance exhaust. The sound is nearly a hum under cruise and when sport mode is engaged it crackles, burbles , and roars.
For those of us who have test driven the Mercedes C43 amg and 63amg you know they have a performance exhaust button which controls the flaps or valves and thus the sound of their engine through the exhaust.
One of the things I would really like in the S5 would be the ability to control the sound of the engine heard outside and in the cabin.
I keep in contact with customer service at AWE probably annoying them monthly.
Awyway they wrote back
"Good news, this exhaust will have a switchpath option. You can expect a fall release."
Glad to see we are finally getting some mods and accessories for the B9 .
Not 100% sure what switchpath is but I suspect they have remote cabin control for their touring exhaust adjusting intensity. They also make a track exhaust but that's probably too loud for me and my wife would throw me out for sure!
Additionally they have blackened quad tips which should match black optics if added.
I am not an engineer so just passing this along.
Old 08-18-2017, 11:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hopefully they utilize the OEM valves so you can control the loudness via the MMI.
Old 08-18-2017, 12:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Looking forward to this. Likely to be one of the first upgrades I make on the S5 when I take delivery.
Old 08-18-2017, 03:34 PM
ksa
AudiWorld Junior Member

As per the comments of my local Audi dealer, exhaust options will most likely be offered by Audi itself down the line.
Old 08-19-2017, 04:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ksa
As per the comments of my local Audi dealer, exhaust options will most likely be offered by Audi itself down the line.
I did hear that from the Service Mgr of Ft Lauderdale Audi as well.
Guess we will have to see when.
Appearance and sound will matter of course. These mods will not adversely effect lease.