Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Closely watching new inventory at your dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 06:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Closely watching new inventory at your dealer?

Hey. I know some of you guys have seen your special order 2018 Q7 show up on your dealer inventory as "available soon", but without pricing. I noticed today that the pricing was on my 2018 Q7 on the inventory still as "available soon". Does anyone know if that means it is actually in stock or just that they have the proper paperwork to finally put the price on the inventory on the dealers website?

Thanks!
Old 09-20-2017, 06:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Slowerider29er
Hey. I know some of you guys have seen your special order 2018 Q7 show up on your dealer inventory as "available soon", but without pricing. I noticed today that the pricing was on my 2018 Q7 on the inventory still as "available soon". Does anyone know if that means it is actually in stock or just that they have the proper paperwork to finally put the price on the inventory on the dealers website?

Thanks!
I also noticed that the dealer inventory was increased by 2 from yesterdays total on dealer inventory.
Old 09-20-2017, 06:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I found mine on my dealers site just now. It's still in production as far as I know. But the colors and options all match what I ordered.
Old 09-20-2017, 06:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

It is not in stock as if it were, it would not say "available soon." It would be de-listed since they will realize it is not for sale.
Old 09-20-2017, 06:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Once the vehicle is available and it has a VIN it will show up on the dealer's website, they won't sell it (unless you cancel the order). Many of the ones you see are probably sold to others.
Old 09-20-2017, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Unless they accidentally sell it. It has happened. If you talk to your salesperson maybe ask what mechanism they have in place to make sure it is not accidentally sold to someone else.
Old 09-20-2017, 06:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

My mechanism will be me there when the truck arrives and not leaving the cars side until it's mine. ha ha.
Old 09-20-2017, 06:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Lectoid
My mechanism will be me there when the truck arrives and not leaving the cars side until it's mine. ha ha.
That's hilarious! When I first saw it on the dealer website and I knew it was mine. I requested that the information about it be sent to my email address and someone from the dealer called me to see if I was interested in that model. I said I was very interested, because I believe it is the one I ordered. He laughed and a little while later my SA called me to tell me it was my car and that it gets put on the dealer inventory from the "Audi System" and that it was already marked as sold and no one would be able to sell it.
Old 09-20-2017, 07:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I registered my VIN on the Audi website as soon as I paid the deposit. My quote had the VIN on it.
Old 09-20-2017, 09:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You all are very funny! Mine is listed on my dealer's website too and probably won't arrive until early Oct. It certainly gives it a sense of reality now that it has a VIN #. It's like naming your newborn!

Quick Reply: Closely watching new inventory at your dealer?